Moffet '04 Practice Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moffet '04 Practice Session

Wayne: Just kidding! You are absolutely right that a mic in hand can turn the mind to mush! But it's a lot like an electric guitar; once you know what you're doing with it, you have POWER! I do a fair amount of presenting to conferences and investors. They key to sounding good is knowing your stuff cold.

Treat the mic like a Fender Strat plugged into a bank of Marshall amps! Just don't let the mic feed back!

Hmmm, Wayne on a voice box? Wayners Frampton!

Peas
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

You hit the nail on the head Peashooter!!

I don't remember who said it (Henry Ford I think), but the quote was, "The secret to a great improptu speech is hours and hours of practice."

You forgot a few required jobs for an announcer though...
      Deviate, enunciate, compensate, postulate, delegate, repudiate, aggravate, abbreviate, punctuate, alienate, appreciate, castigate, demonstrate, regurgitate - and when things aren't going so well, fumigate and inebriate!
      Gordon Bowman-Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Gobojo
        You hit the nail on the head Peashooter!!

I don't remember who said it (Henry Ford I think), but the quote was, "The secret to a great improptu speech is hours and hours of practice."

You forgot a few required jobs for an announcer though...
        Deviate, enunciate, compensate, postulate, delegate, repudiate, aggravate, abbreviate, punctuate, alienate, appreciate, castigate, demonstrate, regurgitate - and when things aren't going so well, fumigate and inebriate!
        Gordon, Looking forward to your riffin' in September! BTW, buffoonery with intent to gawk works sometimes, too. Peas
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
        X