A Plea...!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Plea...!?!

Just wanted to ask those of you who are posting as unregistered, if you wouldn't mind, please register??

99% of the messages get posted that are put in by the guest posters but, each time you guys post one, one of us has to go in and verify that it's not a flamer or some other form of "nastygram" (which, as I've said, most are not now days) and then it gets posted.

You'd have your messages in place instantly if you would sign up.. it's easy, it's free and you still remain, for the most part, (only the mods can see your email if you choose to keep it hidden) anonymous.

Anyway.. it'd just save time and, allow some of the more "controversial" messages to be posted.. As it is now, if one of you posts something that's even slightly "off" and you're unregged.. it gets trashed...

Sorry, but that's the way it is for things that could be taken as "snipes" from the dark corner.. Call me board nazi if you want but it's been really peaceful here since we made it regged or moderated only for posts..

Anyway... just thought I'd ask....

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: A Plea...!?!

Wayne

Instead of having to ask over and over, why don't you just make it mandatory? The begging thing is getting old, and the guys who are really into post will continue to do so.
    Just my 2 cents

Later
    Red
    P.s. Why is it I can put my two cents in, but I'll only get a penny for my thoughts?
    Mach 3 with my hair on fire

Comment

Re: A Plea...!?!

Originally posted by Lownverted
      Wayne

Instead of having to ask over and over, why don't you just make it mandatory? The begging thing is getting old, and the guys who are really into post will continue to do so.
      Just my 2 cents

Later
      Red
      P.s. Why is it I can put my two cents in, but I'll only get a penny for my thoughts?
      Red, first, I don't really consider it "begging" and second, we've never put it manditory and will not put it manditory for the benefit of those who simply can't or absolutely don't want to "join".. or who only post once in a blue moon and would tend to forget a login.

My "plea" was aimed at those who post over and over as unregged, and it's really for their benefit. One of us will have to check the queue for moderated posts, even if most of the folks who visit here do register. It might take a while sometimes and that's the benefit of "membership" that and 20 megs of storage space, etc, etc, etc...

Sorry if it's getting old for ya bud... but that's really the best way to have it. Would you want me to deny, let's say "Tiger" who *is* a regged member but who probably has forgotten his login long ago? Or, in the case of Vlado Lenoch, who may be having problems logging in via AOL?

It's going to stay an optional regged board, the fact that the software lets us regulate the snipes is a good thing, that some will never register is the way it is.. I'll ask from time to time for frequent posters to register and keep it an open system overall...

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X