Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chino, Don't miss it!

Originally posted by Marauder61
    Thank you everyone for your comments. This board and the other photographers here (Bill, Rick, Tyson, Wayne, etc.) have inspired me to push my photography to new levels. Being the overachiever that I like to be these shots were taken at 1/60th hand held using IS in mode 2 and yes quite a few went into the recycle bin. The P-38 was shot at 1/320th without IS.
    OK, Skyraider, part II -- yer killin' me.
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

I think that we all give each other ideas on various angles to shoot and things to try. Whatever inspiration I might have provided, I’ve received 10 fold in return. As we improve, I hope that we use each other’s skills to further or own, and not serve as a distraction trying to better each other. Each of us have or own styles and techniques. It is important to have fun even though sometimes I forget that.

Victor, those shots are great. I think you were west of my position. The nasty haze I seem to have in my shots has vanished in yours... hmmm.... it must have been localized (BBQ). 1/60 is way slow, great results.

I too was at the Chino show. I am amazed at some of my results as being great shots, while others are beautiful disasters. Of course, I won't post too many failures.

Anyway, here are three shots that I liked, because the planes featured were the three I most enjoyed seeing.

Bill
      Attached Files
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Hi Bill, sorry I missed you. I was hanging out behind Pretty Polly near the hot ramp. On Sunday I was next to a couple of guys from Taiwan, they were in the media area on Saturday and said the BBQ smoke was in most of there shots. Glad my media credentials were not approved, lol. Hey I'm not trying to out do anyone here I just love taking photos mabe I post to many? I don't know. Any way can that guy fly that Skyraider or what. I think thoes three plane are probably my favorites too. I was way bummed when the Spitfire didn't fly on Saturday and the little wing, I love the sound of thoes Franklins when it flys by it goes ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder61
          I'm not trying to out do anyone here I just love taking photos mabe I post too many? I don't know.
          No Way! You guys don't take too many at all.

Keep em coming. I've never been able to go to the Chino show, just as I suspect most visitors here haven't, but you guys are taking us all there!

Keep up the good work!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Victor, I was not saying you post too many. Keep posting until Wayne tells you to stop, then post more (ha). I just did not want to seem like I was trying to out do you with my different style of the same aircraft; being photo poster number 2 and all.

100% correct on the BBQ situation. I can't weasel my way upfront like I used to and there is no one to save my spot while I'm gone, so I dealt with the localized haze. I think I would have enjoyed the show encased in a 55gallon drum

As far as flying goes for me, I was most impressed with Brian Sanders in Sept Pops, Mike Brown's close formation on Richard Bertea's F7F-3 and the Skyraider (I was told it is owned and flown by a Bob Spedick (sp?))

I’ll try to get some more up soon.

Bill
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Bill & Victor, what lenses were you guys using? Bill, the Skyraider's Sectional is out of date! Peas
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Bill,Rick,Wayne,

.....all the pics you post are more exciting than the ones we used to fight to see in life magazine! (a beloved pub as kids!)

......I'm no photo expert (yep that's a photograph) but the quaity and conteent has been brought to very high standards as of late.

.....I am happy that you all have the heart to share for the rest of us!

.........even blurry,poor pics tell a story some of us would never have knowledge of.

Keep up the great work!

......there are no bad pics,just some better than others...........
                Mayday51
                Jim Gallagher

Comment

Bill I'm not trying to do a Chino report here I'm just trying to get people to get off there butts and go to airshows . I though it was really sad that not one of the local news stations here mentioned anything about the show. If I had known you were going I would have saved you a spot, hell I would have even brought you a chair and a beer . I'm one of those silly people that gets to the airshows right when the gates open so I can shoot everything on the ground without any people around. As for posting photos, like Rick said every photo is as diffrent as the person behind the viewfinder so I think that everyone that uses this board that has a camera should be posting photos!!! Any way I'm just a big kid with a new toy .
                  The camera I'm using is the Canon Digital Rebel and the lens I'm using for the flying shots is Canons 100mm-400mm IS USM zoom.

Comment

I'm certainly not going to complain about too many photos! Since my job doesn't allow me to have weekends off anymore, I don't get to all the airshows that I'd like. I really appreciate all of the folks that share their pictures and experiances. Keep 'em coming! There's some great photos being posted. I'm surprized Wayne hasn't got a smiley icon holding a camera! You guys do great work, and I personally thank you for all you've shared.

Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

My first three pics above, and the Mustang below are with a Sigma 50-500mm. The rest below are with a Nikon 80-400mm VR. I'm trying to figure out which lens I like better so I shot the Nikon on Saturday and the Sigma on Sunday. After looking at the pics, the result is that I can't tell. Both have different strengths and weaknesses.

Bill
                      Attached Files
                      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                        My first three pics above, and the Mustang below are with a Sigma 50-500mm. The rest below are with a Nikon 80-400mm VR. I'm trying to figure out which lens I like better so I shot the Nikon on Saturday and the Sigma on Sunday. After looking at the pics, the result is that I can't tell. Both have different strengths and weaknesses.

Bill
                        Boy Bill... ain't that the truth! I still have my 50-500 and can't decide whether to sell it and keep the 80-400 VR or sell the VR or keep both....

The price I could get for the Sigma is not much (maybe around $500.) which certainly would go a way to pay off the new body and maybe make me able to get that vaunted and NEEDED (shooting raw) 2gb card...

What to do?? I've not shot the 50-500 on the D2H yet but I bet it's blazingly fast on the focus.. problem being, it's not always that sharp on the outer end even when focused...

Dilema!

I'll tell ya what, I'll sell mine, you keep yours and we'll share
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I really appreciate all of the folks that share their pictures and experiances. Keep 'em coming!
                          What we now need is some representation from the rest of the country. Since Bill, Victor, and I are all in California the postings have a noticeable West Coast bias. Not that it's a bad thing, keep 'em coming, but it would be nice to see some of the East Coast, South, and Midwest action too!

Rick

Comment

with all the photogrophers at chino does anyone have any pictures of the 911 pass from west to east ? I'm looking for his pass over the parking lot? thanks

Comment

Ask and you shall receive Here it is!

Comment

Originally posted by rpzo
                                What we now need is some representation from the rest of the country. Since Bill, Victor, and I are all in California the postings have a noticeable West Coast bias. Not that it's a bad thing, keep 'em coming, but it would be nice to see some of the East Coast, South, and Midwest action too!

Rick
                                Rick.. my pot is pretty shallow from Sun-n-Fun this time round but here's a few more.. that qualifies as Right coast don't it??

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

PS... anyone recognize the guy flyin the Corsair?
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X