And Now The News!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Now The News!!

Well boys and girls I had the opportunity to get out to the Eagles Nest at Ione. I sat down with Michael Brown and Dennis Sanders as we discussed the current status of several warbirds/racers. You all will be happy to know Dreadnought's engine was scheduled to be put on the test cell yesterday or today and the Sanders should have the engine in hand very soon. Argonaut is running well and will be at the Chino Airshow this weekend along with some of the warbirds from Michael's stable. Speaking of Michael Brown, he reported having nothing but fun flying the Tigercat with her fresh new engines. He stated noticing a huge difference in the aircrafts performance and he will be bringing the Big Cat to both the Pylon Seminar and Reno Races this year. September Fury's NEW race engine in progressing and is on schedule. This will be a completely new engine for the stunning racer. September Fury will not make the June Seminar, but she will be primed and ready to campaign come September. One sad note from the Mike Brown Racing camp. Randy Bailey will not be racing this year and the piloting duties for September Pops will probably be shared by the Sanders. Randy stated that supervising the maintenance of Michaels three racers simply do afford him the needed time to prepare for the races. Unfortunate since Randy is one of the more talented pilots on the course and the races are certainly in need of new blood. I hope Randy will find the opportunity to get back into the mix in the near future.
    And I have it from a very reliable source that Critical Mass is available for sale or trade. Take notice Team Rare Bear since that racer has a very healthy motor and propeller that could be used as a great secondary motor for the Bear. The Bears current powerplant has been run for a number of years and has to be getting long on the tooth. No jab here to either team. Just an opportunity for both parties. How many race ready 3350 motors are out their?
    I hope this brings a little quench to what otherwise has been a dry time for racing news.

Re: And Now The News!!

To add to the news: From the Bear Cave and else where….. We are in the process of putting the engine back together. If you recall we changed three cylinders on race week. So after Nellis we pulled those three and a couple more suspect cylinders to get reworked. The cylinders are back now and actually installed. So the plan is to have it all back together and running (knock on wood) for some flight-testing early June. Then to do some more testing at PRS. We are planning on having another dinner/barb. Fundraiser again at PRS so don't miss it. You know us...Poor Boy Racing always shilling for race fuel! Our engine actually is quite new all things considered. With only one race weekend on it. We have yet to really poor the cools to her yet for any length of time. Speaking of CM, yes they do have a healthy motor but they are minus the prop. Last year they borrowed our four blade in exchange for us using their carb. Last Tues. a couple of us piled into my truck and drove over the hill to Auburn to retrieve it. It was quite the adventure to tie the prop down with about twenty straps and haul it back over the hill on I-80. With Tom & Ken Dwelle's help engineering the setup (Tom has obviously done this before) we got it done without a hitch. The Dwelle's are truly a class act. While talking to the Dwelle's they never spoke of selling CM. It was my understanding that they are going to give CM the year off to fly the T6. It is a lot of work getting both Aircraft ready for racing. Then Ken would take the next year getting CM ready for 2005. Although I never did ask straight up "are you looking to sell it?" They are planning on taking the T6 to PRS this year. As of last month Voodoo was still in RARA's hanger without a motor. Anyone have any info on if it will be racing this year? Precious Metal is parked right next to Voodoo now. Not sure on it's disposition. It looks all together. It's great that Bossman will be at PRS. Sure is fun watching it on the course! Well that's all I have for now.

Roger
    Race77AMT

"How much Bear time do you have?!" "TOO MUCH!"

Comment

It would be nice for Rare Bear to pick up another race motor. But, isn't that improbable. From what I understand, the Rare Bear team is close on funds.

Nice thought though.

Reever

Comment

[QUOTE=paintboy Argonaut is running well and will be at the Chino Airshow this weekend along with some of the warbirds from Michael's stable.[/QUOTE]
        Great news, but Argonaut did not make it to Chino. Can't wait to see 323 and Boss Man back at Reno.
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Working...
        X