Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shafter Show

Howdy Gang!

Just in from Shafter- had a GREAT time!!

I think the highlight of the show was the CAF Zero flying with Chuck Wentworth's Corsair....NEAT!!!!

Hey, If anyone got any shots of #75 and #27 flying together in the opening ceremonies- please post em or email them to me randygoss75@aol.com

Thanks! All the best, RG
    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Re: Shafter Show

Hi Randy,

It was great meeting you there. Here's a couple of shots for you.
    I have a few more but I need to sort through all the photos I took.
    Thank you for letting my boy Jeff sit in the pilot seat he's still talking about it!
    I got some great shots of the Corsair and the Zero together, have some up in a day or two.

Victor
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Hey Goss....you might want to talk to your dad. He appears to be running just a tad 'rich' in those pictures. Might want to lean it out a little.....

Speeddemon

Comment

I am a bit confused...the last that I heard the CAF Zero was in dire need of major work to the wing spar, and had been placed on hte shelf until the Southern CA Wing could come up with the money for it (a quarter million dollars rings a bell). I do know that David Price is storing his zero at the CAF hangar, and it is being flown by several CAF pilots, is this the aircraft that was at Shafter??

Thanks for clearing up the confusion for me.

chris

Comment

Any Strega sightings?

Rick

Comment

strega was in the hangar all torn down, kindda sad to see. I think Barrow is building a stock engine for her. Word is Tiger got **mod edit** for the sale of his farm. Although it doesn't sound like he'll be back to racing anytime in the near future. Czech was out on the ramp but didn't fly. They were having problems with the nitrogen system.

Comment

Originally posted by sailorchris
              I am a bit confused...the last that I heard the CAF Zero was in dire need of major work to the wing spar, and had been placed on hte shelf until the Southern CA Wing could come up with the money for it (a quarter million dollars rings a bell). I do know that David Price is storing his zero at the CAF hangar, and it is being flown by several CAF pilots, is this the aircraft that was at Shafter??

Thanks for clearing up the confusion for me.

chris
              It was Price's Zero.

John

Comment

I think the Zero was N712Z, and was flown at the show by Steve Barber.

Victor, I really enjoyed chatting with you! How did your shots of Jeff in
                "Warlock" turn out?

Have you contacted Wayne about doing a photo report of the Shafter show here at AAFO??? I bet you have some great shots!!??

All the best, RG
                Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Hi Randy,
                  Jeff says thank you and that was way cool!!!

I workin on a report and processing images.
                  Here's a tease for everyone. Feel free to add your own sound effects!
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Great shots Victor! I especially like the one of the Corsair and Zero.

Rick

Comment

Hearing they are maybe going to buy Price's Zero and sell the Bob Diemert one that's already been rebuilt a million times to try to correct the Diemertness of it.

John

Comment

Working...
                      X