Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake City Show/Ferry Flights

I managed to be out in Keystone Heights yesterday,
    and watched several flight formations pass heading north (ish)

one of which was a small (mostly)red in formation with a jet (blue & yellow tail) it looked like a L-39(?)

can someone help me on I.D. ?

Thanx
    Mayday51
    Jim Gallagher

Re: Lake City Show/Ferry Flights

I don't have any info for you, but I couldn't resist responding to your post. I see in your post you mention the Lake City Airshow. I have been to that years ago, I use to work at Aero Corp. located just across the field from the strip there. I have since moved from Fla. but couldn't help but say hello. Have they brought the airshow back to lakecity? It use to be a really good show.
    William......suprbear61

Comment

Re: Lake City Show/Ferry Flights

SuperBear,

....as I understand it, the show happened.......and by the overflights
      (ferry flights) it should have been good....the daughter and family had me on hard labor/chain-gang stuff....and I had not heard of the show
      (typical "popular press")....untill I called attention to the flights of planes passing...(~55-60 in total).....the T-Birds site had them listed to be at"the North Florida Air show for both sat & sunday....
      ...Vidalia GA had a festival and airshow going also......

......the site of that sporty 'lil racer being held in very close formation by that blue and yallow jet did get our attention....both the sounds from them and the site.....great flying for both pilots !....rock steady
      from site horizon to horizn.

.....I miss CA ....lots of shows....Watsonville,Reno,Moffet NAS,
      Santa Rosa,Santa Maria,Shafter.........

......besides here I have to look twice ...it could just be a palmento roach passing by....
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
      X