P51 & Bearcat over Tracy CA today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P51 & Bearcat over Tracy CA today?

Around noon today a P51 and what appeared to be a Bearcat in formation flew over Tracy CA turning towards Livermore Ca......anyone have any additional info??
    Brian

Re: P51 & Bearcat over Tracy CA today?

Both airplanes are owned by Tony Banta & are based at Livermore (along with a P-40). The Bearcat and Mustang are flown regularly on the weekends.

Comment

I Didn't see it but it could possibly be Tony Banta's P-51 "Kimberly Kaye" and his Bearcat. Could you see what color the P-51 was?

Comment

The mustang looked silver or metal, couldn't tell for sure, the bearcat was dark blue.
        Brian

Comment

Some of Tony Banta's aircraft, which are all based out of Livermore. I've heard he either has a Corsair or Spitfire that is being restored as well.

Rick
          Attached Files

Comment

he has a FG-1D, Spitfire XVIe, and a TF-51 under restoration. Also has a flyable T6G.

Comment

Unregistered,

Thanks for the info. Can you share where the work is being done?

Rick

Comment

What does Mr. Banta do for a living.........must be good to have that many warbirds.......glad there's people like that so we can still enjoy them in flight.......was certainly sorry to hear about the EAA's B-17.......what ashame that is.
                Brian

Comment

Tony Banta's Spitfire project is being restored in New Zealand by Avspecs Ltd - who, along with Pioneer Aero, restored his P-40E. I understand that it will be finished in about a year and should be back in California next summer. This aircraft has a full documented history and flew combat missions over Normandy on D-Day. The TF-51 project is in Salinas, CA and is currently for sale according to an ad in Air Classics. The Corsair is in Livermore (I think). It's a partnership with another guy there.

I 've heard a rumor that he also has some other fighters stored for future restoration.

Comment

Working...
                  X