Sasser A and B virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sasser A and B virus

'tention 'puter users,,,, been out killing the Virus today...man has it crippled the computers that aren't set for auto update on microsoft....so yes you need to do your microsoft updates and verify that you are taken care of at least in the critical update area. (If you guys need to know how ---go in your browser go to tools and click on microsoft update and follow the instructions) maybe we need a GEEK area on the board.....Norton wont cure it and neither has Mc Afee....but the free one to get the virus off is AVG by www.grisoft.com...( gotta look for the 6.0 free version) We have never had an issue once we switch a customer over to AVG strange enough (did I say---FREE version?) If you get it, use AVG ---you must deleting norton or mc afee to keep from having conflicts and then use the free version of Zone Alarm for a firewall. http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...id=zadb_zadown

If you want help you can catch me, or go to www.cmit.biz and enter your zip to catch a local franchisee if ya need help at all with it.

Randy Rheinschild
    randy.atl@cmit.biz

Honest Wayne just tryin' to help not advertise my service....pull it if you think it should....your call my bud.
    Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

Re: Sasser A and B virus

Randy... no problem at all. In fact, THANKS! Good to have someone looking out for us!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks for the tip bro....I do my updates manually, but regularly, so I should be safe (fingers crossed...Zonealarm and Norton AV keeping their eyes open for "intruders"...)

Many people don't keep their systems updated due to laziness (I've been guilty in the past) or due to long download times on dial-up systems (raises his hand again).

Also, it's a catch-22 that one has to take their computer online to update it's security, leaving it somewhat vunerable until all the updates are downloaded and installed (can take hours on a 56k line).

I think I found something here that may help. It's a FREE Windows UPDATES CD anyone can order from microsoft. I ordered mine earlier this year when I discovered the offer, and it works great. I updated both my win98 and winXP systems. There's no charge for the CD, shipping or anything.

The CD contains all the windows security and systems fixes available up to a certain date for all windows versions from Win98 through WinXP (nothing for Win95). When I ordered it, the website said it was up-to-date through October 2003, but when I finally received the CD, the updates were up thru Feb. 2004. Any few updates newer than that, I just download quickly.

Here's the link. Give it a look...:

Comment

Update:
        AP is reporting that German police have arrested the 18 year old author of the Sasser virus, near Rottenburg. That doesn't really help get rid of the virus that's already out there, but at least he will be brought to justice. We can thanks Randy, Airdog and others for helping to clean up the mess this little B*st*rd caused! Thanks guys!

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
        X