"The Last Roundup" at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "The Last Roundup" at Reno

I agree with Paintboy. Whenever I've gone to a museum, I've rarely been disapointed. Even when I've gone to Chino, there's rarely any flying going on. (Just my own bad timing, not any fault of the museum itself) I still look forward to going there each and every time. The sight of 100 or close to that number of Mustangs is very exciting! I'm certainly not going to miss it. Any flying will be icing on the cake, and it sounds like Mark's observations are being addressed. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long! At least it's airshow season again.

Upcoming West coast airshows:

Watsonville May 28-29-30
    Moffet w/ T-Birds May 29-30
    Travis AFB June 19-20
    Yuba County EAA June 19-20
    Santa Rosa August 21-22

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Paintboy wrote:

"We out west are fortunate since they were looking at a number of locations in Colorado for which to hold this Gathering. Making it more difficult to attend this event."

Ok, maybe it would be more difficult for you peoples out West, but Colorado is more centraly located in the lower 48. And we NEED something of an airshow here in Colorado...I'm dyin' out here! I probably won't make it to Plyon School this year like I have the last two or three years.

But I won't miss RENO in September for the world!!!!!!

WARPT

Comment

Warpt... I just sent you a password reminder via the board admin software... sorry you're not gonna make it.. the old..... (chevy was it???) not gonna make the trip this time???

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi Wayne,

I got the password reminder. Thanks!
          The truck you saw at pylon school was the chopped and channeled '65 Ford on Chevy chassis and running gear. It's still running great. Last year I hopped on the Harley and rode out there for Pylon School at the last minute. It's possible that I could do that again, but that isn't in the plans at this point.

If I do make it out for Pylon School, and yous guys go out to the hill...I wanna go to!

Hope to see you in June...definately in September!

WARPT

Comment

At the 99 GML, all folks at Stallion 51 & Sun&Fun were very concerned about disorganized and unsafe flight operations. At Kissimmee, the airport managers did not allow any airport/airspace closures for any air displays as the airport remained open for their corporate and general aviation operations. Then at S&F, the show controllers were afraid to handle a large group of roving inbound Mustangs. Thus they broke the arrivals into separate 4-ship flights with 10 minute arrival intervals, (One flight got lost inbound to Lakeland......for some money, I'll tell you who was in that flight!). With much more dedicated airport airspace at Reno, we can produce group displays at our will rather than some other organizations set of priorities. I have been told that there will be flying during this Reno-Stead event, as well as a owner-operator conference for maintenance & flight safety.

Comment

Working...
            X