Wildcat damaged at TX airshow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wildcat damaged at TX airshow?

It aint you. Hey Wayne whacha gat against burnet? Brunet is spelt different.
    ECVSteve
    E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
    Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

This was forwarded to me in case anyone is interested in how lucky Howard was. These kinds of accidents hurt alot of people in the war. The picture is credited to warbirdalley.com. Not sure who the photographer was. Anyways, I kinda thought this string was getting a little "off task" so to speak. Thanks Dan for the update.
      Cheers,
      Bill (aka: Air Race Addict)
      webmaster:airraceaddict.com
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Air Race Addict; 04-17-2004, 12:26 PM. Reason: Misspelling a word, WHOOPS!
      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

I did see and visit with Howard briefly last week during the first flight of the Seafire in Breckenridge by Nelson Ezell. Thankfully he is OK, and I'm sure Nelson and Ashley will have the Widcat back in the air as soon as possible.

If Howard were a cat he'd be on life #8.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. THAT is good news. Maybe Howard has a few more up his sleeve.
          Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

In answer to the discussion, I spoke with my father yesterday after learning about the accident through an article in the Austin paper. His family always seems to find out about these mishaps well after the fact!!! He is fine, and obviously upset about the damage. He is having it hauled backed to Breckenridge via a flatbed truck, and will have the Wildcat restored. It is one of his favorites.
            Thank you all for your concern..............

Comment

I have some pics of the "incident" at my website (WarbirdGallery.com) and the following page has a little bit of news about it as well.

Comment

It's been a couple months, has anyone heard how the wildcat is coming along?

Comment

Working...
                X