Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Testing New Layout

Originally posted by dineega
    Don't forget, my first comment was total appreciation of the new site.
    Hell, I love it all - don't be quittin' anytime soon!!
    **counting the minutes to Reno 04**
    Rachel
    LOL.. Thanks Rachel.. I didn't forget.. !!

I really do appreciate the "pats on the back" here.. !!

Has anyone tried out the new site search feature? Previously, I was using an off site thing via google, it worked well but was fairly slow and, depended on them having indexed the page requested.. This one is on site and we set the crawl. It seems to be fairly accurate. Though I will, as the site rebuild progresses, have to integrate a few things mentioned in each story/gallery to key it to pull more accurate searches but, it does seem to do pretty darn well... I put in a search for the name of one of the office staff at RARA and darned if it did not find the two places out of the 5,000 plus pages on the site where her name was mentioned..

Anyway... cracking the whip on meself again.... gotta get back to the grindstone and get workin on the client site.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

.........would it be too much to ask,

if you could bring say 10% of the rest of the "web" up to your standards? .....

......you certainly make it look easy!......

( I can appreciate the work levels involved)
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by mayday51
        .........would it be too much to ask,

if you could bring say 10% of the rest of the "web" up to your standards? .....

......you certainly make it look easy!......

( I can appreciate the work levels involved)
        Wow... you guys are gonna give me a swelled head and all that...

Weeeellllllll... Both Mark Kallio and I have been at this since before 1997. Though we went down separate paths for a while, and we'll still chop our own vines on our life's trails (what'd he say?? ) we've both developed a lot of skills and hopefully, we can continue to help each other out in our ventures..!!

Now, about that 10%... (counts the money he could make from ALL those other websites).........

There is a website that I just happened to find today (don't ask how) called http://websitesthatsuck.com (I'm not kidding) and though the guy is really PICKY, he does manage to point out a few of the more common mistakes that people make..

I look at a lot of sites with awe and wonder in HOW DO THEY DO THAT!!! Meaning, I'm in AWE of what they do and wish I could do it!!!

I probably see an equal amount and say to myself... "geez... WHY'd they do that"

Just as with my photography work, I'm almost never totally happy with what I produce. Maybe that is a good thing.

Anyway.. I really do appreciate the support you guys give this site..

And for the record.. I don't sit and watch the board for new messages (if you note the very small time diff between this incoming and response) If I get an email every time a message is posted, so if I'm working at the danged GLASS FACED DEMON COMPUTER, I get an "I've got new mail" voice in the background.. if I happen to check and it's someone complimenting me, I immediately jump in and bask in the limelight...

Oh man... we need a "Group Hug" smiliey... Ahh.... Sn8K... are you watching... ??

Thanks!!

Now, you guys BUY SOME DANG PRINTS so's I can eat better... (just kidding!)
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

First, Wayne, I like the new layout and I _LOVE_ the POTW. Yeah, it's a little soft, but so what: the thumbnail just grabs you and the full-res makes you say 'Oh, yeah!'.

Got a suggestion and a possible bug to report. Suggestion: on the Hangar Talk pages it would be nice to have navigation buttons (Home, Gallery, etc.) at the top of the page, too, instead of just at the bottom; some of the pages get pretty long.

My New Posts searches have been coming up empty the last few days. That is, I get an email notification of a post to a thread I've subscribed to and when I go to the Hangar Talk page and click on New Posts, the search doesn't find any matches. Whaddya think: operator error, or a new bug?
          SteveZ

Comment

Along the same lines as Kilo Hotel; when I first open hanger talk, it marks the new messages as unread. As soon as I click on a thread, all the new messages are marked as read. It has been doing this for a few days and I thought it was user error. But now I'm begining to think that I am perfect and everyone else is the problem (wink).

Oh... still love the PTOW

Bill
            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

I was getting the same thing as kilo, but I logged off and back on and it fixed that problem.

And the POTW looks like a painting I saw once, I am sure some artists are a little envious of that pic as well.

Bill you are perfect, now go take some more pictures.
              ECVSteve
              E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
              Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
                First, Wayne, I like the new layout and I _LOVE_ the POTW. Yeah, it's a little soft, but so what: the thumbnail just grabs you and the full-res makes you say 'Oh, yeah!'.
                Thanks Kilo Hotel! I think I will have to think more about my composition when I shoot. Actually, I do think about it but, as we all know, stuff happens pretty fast, so it's really more "GET THE DANG SHOT" than anything.. the rest is, well.... sort of, luck.

Got a suggestion and a possible bug to report. Suggestion: on the Hangar Talk pages it would be nice to have navigation buttons (Home, Gallery, etc.) at the top of the page, too, instead of just at the bottom; some of the pages get pretty long.
                That's a prolly can do thing, though I might not get to it before leaving for Sun n Fun next week.

It never fails, for most of the winter, I get broker and broker, and have a fair amount of time on my hands. This winter was worse than usual and I went... ahh.... can you go below broke??? But, at least I'd have time if anything came up. Now, I've got three REALLY pressing projects to do and was not counting on going to Florida at all.. well, that hit, then the rest of the fan got wound up in it and I'm outta time.

I really did not have time to impliment the new front page but sort of... just did it. I wanted Mark's new graphic out there and, I wanted more space to be used.. there was a lot of unused "white space" on the old layout and.. well.. I need to "use" that space... *ahem*

My New Posts searches have been coming up empty the last few days. That is, I get an email notification of a post to a thread I've subscribed to and when I go to the Hangar Talk page and click on New Posts, the search doesn't find any matches. Whaddya think: operator error, or a new bug?
                Hummn... That *could* be explained by the fact that I've posted a few "test post ignore" messages and then deleted them. I have a problem going on with very common words that cause public service announcements to be shown in the "sponsored links" above.. this is one and is actually an image :cword: end image...

Well I'm off to.......
                1. Reload my laptop software (don't ask!)
                2. Do my taxes....
                3. Work on website one...
                4. Work on website two...
                5. Work on project three...
                6. Try very hard not to go nutz...
                7. Try to get my bills in order and paid....
                8. Do my laundry and try to pack and prepare equipment for Sun n
                9. Did I mention trying not to go nutz?

Wayner
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Good Work

Comment

Originally posted by Sani Hut
                    Good Work
                    Thanks Sani...