X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stead Airport Manager?

Originally posted by speeddemon
    HEY....

I thought we were debating the 'hovering' qualities of the P-3 vs. the AT-38 here....there's no room for politics.

Mark...Wayne....if you can't play nice I'm going to pull the car over for real.
    It ISN'T political...

And there is no problem... I THOUGHT that Randy wanted info about the field (witness the thread title), which, as most folks out here do, I had easily at hand. I think it's great that there's a possiblility of bringing in an additional display... and if that info I posted cut through the chaff, so much the better. Or at least so I thought.

I don't know WHERE this 'free speech' thing came from, but then, it's Wayne's sandbox, and he is certainly correct in his handling of the posts here as he sees fit. That's not an issue with me, and I'll also certainly abide by his decisions. Maybe a directory page of PUBLIC contact information where sponsors, participants, builders, pilots, airports, whatever, whomever, could post that info would be helpful. After all, most people interested in air racing come to AAFO as a first choice for their fix, why not help 'em out?

As to the issues I have with the AAWC and persons there, I have purposely withheld remarking about that on this site, per Wayne's request. As I've stated before, I intend to do, and as I have done for the thirty years I've been here, all I can to see that the event prospers and the field remains open to GA as it was intended from the time it became open to the public. Management comes and goes, as do promoters, racers, fans, etc., and that's going continue ad infinitum. I'm not grinding any axes here, and I'll read the 'fine print' and comply with it... I don't think that the fact that there are unresolved issues with the AAWC should preclude giving the PUBLISHED and PUBLIC phone number for the Manager of the Stead Airport when asked for here, and I didn't think the original post eliminating the info was rude. I DO think that subsequent comments regarding issues, 'doo-doo' and the fact that I am involved in formally resolving disputes at the field and therefore have some hidden agenda in putting up the info was a little over the top, but hey, that's the way it is, and again, so be it. No response is needed; I think most people know of the issues, know where to find information concerning those issues, and know that ignoring those issues will make everything all sweetness and light is a bit pollyannish. Ah, well... it'll all sort itself out anyway...

Randy, if you didn't get the info, email me at Comments@Reno-SteadAirport.com and I'll get it to you.

Speed, just out of curiosity, what kind of car are ya going to stop?

MAE

Comment

Re: Stead Airport Manager?

Originally posted by M.A. Edwards
      and know that ignoring those issues will make everything all sweetness and light is a bit pollyannish. Ah, well... it'll all sort itself out anyway...
      Humm.... Well <in my best Pollyanna voice> had you not put in the "tell him I sent you" comment, I might tend to agree that this was merely an innocent and helpful provision of contact information.

With that, and knowing your invlovement with the party in question, I saw a definite "hidden agenda" in your message.

However, that said, I think we've now drawn this thread far enough off topic to end it..

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X