New Board Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Board Software

Testing profile settings under the new board software. I don't think I understand this whole avatar vs. profile photo thing.
    SteveZ

Comment

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
      Testing profile settings under the new board software. I don't think I understand this whole avatar vs. profile photo thing.
      Now I KNOW I don't understand. In the Edit Avatar dialog I can't unclick the "Do not use an avatar" radio button. I see some of you have figured out how to display an avatar in your posts: mind sharing the secret?
      SteveZ

Comment

Steve - seems like Wayne must have the settings on the board to not allow custom avatar uploads. To be honest, the control panel of this thing quite overwhelming... so many settings and options to choose from it can get confusing. We'll talk to Wayne to see if we can get this issue fixed up for you.

BTW: Mr Wayners... I am sick again today . I hate getting sick this time of year, but it's just a head cold so I should be doing OK in a day or two.

Randy: Thanks for the props on the car. She's a fun one all right . Kim's getting better, can't believe I'm the one who's sick now - but overall I think everything is working out for the best.
        Mark K....

Comment

Now I KNOW I don't understand. In the Edit Avatar dialog I can't unclick the "Do not use an avatar" radio button. I see some of you have figured out how to display an avatar in your posts: mind sharing the secret?
          Hey Steve,

Mark's correct, the admin control panel on this version of the board is somewhat daunting!

I'd assumed that when porting in the old database to the new software update, that all the user settings would remain intact.. wrong!

Some (many) settings are changed because there are so many more options, those that have changed options seem to have defaulted to the err.. default settings.

I went in and changed the setting so you can have custom avitars, due to the board format being new (user info across the top, rather than on the side) I've also changed the allowable format from 60px by 60px to a more "sideways friendly" 80px wide by 60px high, this should make resizing an avitar from a standard photo size more user friendly...

We'll keep goofing off with the board as we go along, much of it is best described by this and maybe before too long we'll all feel like this about it...

Hopefully, before that happens, we all will not want to do this with our computers due to dealing with it!! I'll try to get a good folder setup so that it will be a bit easier for all..

For today... I'm gonna go do a little of this with Beer Nazi and some friends...

Wayne
          PS.. Thanks again Mark K. for the Smilies and other graphic aids!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            I went in and changed the setting so you can have custom avitars, due to the board format being new (user info across the top, rather than on the side) I've also changed the allowable format from 60px by 60px to a more "sideways friendly" 80px wide by 60px high, this should make resizing an avitar from a standard photo size more user friendly...
            Thanks, Wayne; I'll check it out.
            SteveZ

Comment

Thanks, Wayne; I'll check it out.
              Hey Steve, looks like you got it workin.. great!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

So Wayne,
                What's up with my profile? I don't have post, attachment, reply..... avatar.....priveledges.
                Can you fix me too? Please???
                Thanks, Bill Clark
                registered as Air Race Addict
                as I should be since I am "the" Air Race Addict

Comment

Re: Special Thanks To Mark K.!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  Helping with the new look... Mark made up some icons for us and added a BUNCH of new smileies... FUN STUFF!!!!!

Thanks Mark!
                  Cool, it looks like Mark has immortalized me and my airplane. We're now an icon on every post on the board!
                  Jeff Lo
                  Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
                  Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    So Wayne,
                    What's up with my profile? I don't have post, attachment, reply..... avatar.....priveledges.
                    Can you fix me too? Please???
                    Thanks, Bill Clark
                    registered as Air Race Addict
                    as I should be since I am "the" Air Race Addict
                    Bill, you might have to go into your cookie folder, delete the old @aafo.com or @www.aafo.com cookie, then log in again. I just had the admin panel email you a password reminder, you should get it presently.

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Special Thanks To Mark K.!

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                      Cool, it looks like Mark has immortalized me and my airplane. We're now an icon on every post on the board!
                      You're a legend!

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X