Last air race at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last air race at Reno

What about inviting all past air racers an opportunity to bring their airplane for no fees. This would be for anyone not planning on racing to show their plane. How cool would it be to see Dago Red, Furias, Stelleto, Tusunami, Old Yeller, Baby Gorrila,

Re: Last air race at Reno

I wonder if a lot of old racers are gonna come out for the "last one?" Lewis's fleet, Tiger, etc...
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Airrace7 View Post
      What about inviting all past air racers an opportunity to bring their airplane for no fees. This would be for anyone not planning on racing to show their plane. How cool would it be to see Dago Red, Furias, Stelleto, Tusunami, Old Yeller, Baby Gorrila,
      Well, Dago, Furias, Tsunami are all in pieces, Stiletto is now Diamondback, not sure what became of Baby Gorilla, however I have heard rumors (after the races last year) that we could see Old Yeller back. I think there is a decent possibility of seeing Voodoo and Strega back for one last dance. Tiger seems like the kinda person who would want to cap his history at Reno with winning the final race. Voodoo could be back since the Hintons have such a long history with the races as well. Also, I've heard from various places they may be looking to do another record run so they may have a race engine built and ready to go. I think we will see lots of racers we haven't seen in years with a full class across the board. I have no clue if Rod will bring stuff out or not. Time will tell.

Will

Comment

Been on the phone (and computer) non-stop since the expected announcement (we can talk about that later). This will be a true "grand finale". Probably will be the biggest Unlimited field in years. Not to be missed.

BigFoot

Comment

However...don't be surprised if you don't see any jet races.

Bigfoot

Comment

Will Sawbones show? They were out the last couple years needing an engine. They have no current presence on the web or facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
              Will Sawbones show? They were out the last couple years needing an engine. They have no current presence on the web or facebook.
              They would need a new pilot too...

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                They would need a new pilot too...
                Please fill us in.

Comment

Working...
                X