Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Reno... Just released this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Reno... Just released this morning.

Thanks, now I can see that. There are stables with homes on what would be the valley of speed of Minden, so yeah that is no good either. I cannot see anything else good at all in CA or NV, and you can’t expect 100,000 to sleep in tents and RV’s. Wendover has 9 total hotels/motels , a couple of towns nearby with motels but still don’t think that is enough.
    Last edited by John H; 03-13-2023, 11:40 AM.

Comment

What about Fox Field in Lancaster? Lots of open area. Lots of motels in nearby Lancaster. Little shy on the night life LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        What about Fox Field in Lancaster? Lots of open area. Lots of motels in nearby Lancaster. Little shy on the night life LOL.
        Unfortunately no , because now there's homes where they used to race . Even just a couple of homes, you can't ask people to leave during a race week.

Comment

Will, some of those images are heartbreakingly beautiful and I've saved the Shanty Irish ones for PC wallpaper. Truly stunning.

I've spent most of my life dreaming about going and now that it's about to end there's a chance I might make it. I'll be doing all in my power to make it happen - see the sights, smell the fumes, feel the engines, and meet the wonderful people. My fingers are firmly crossed.
          Zac in NZ

Comment

Originally posted by ZacYates View Post
            Will, some of those images are heartbreakingly beautiful and I've saved the Shanty Irish ones for PC wallpaper. Truly stunning.

I've spent most of my life dreaming about going and now that it's about to end there's a chance I might make it. I'll be doing all in my power to make it happen - see the sights, smell the fumes, feel the engines, and meet the wonderful people. My fingers are firmly crossed.
            Zac, you will not regret it! You will be welcomed with open arms.. If you're hardy, plan on camping/sleeping at the field for at least a couple nights.. I doubt once you introduce yourself and become known, you'd have to camp without help!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PS.. I think you should change your user name description to AVID KIWI AIR RACE FAN!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PPS.. I don't have a crystal ball but can you imagine the turnout this year!?!? Doc Hisey had a very opportunistic and legitimate shot at the win on Sunday.. This announcement could change everything!

One thing for sure, it's going to be interesting!

Just fainted last night and kicked open my bedside double door cabinet WITH MY FACE..

Gettin' old really does suck!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  Just fainted last night and kicked open my bedside double door cabinet WITH MY FACE..
                  Gettin' old really does suck!
                  OUCH!!! that had to NOT be fun... hope you're doin' OK.
                  Mark K....

Comment

I know it's expected, it was just nice seeing this pre-reno race news again :-)

The Bureau of Land Management will be temporarily closing some public lands ahead of the Stead-area’s last Reno Air Races.
                    Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
                      I know it's expected, it was just nice seeing this pre-reno race news again :-)

https://www.kolotv.com/2023/05/04/so...eno-air-races/
                      Seems like the boundaries for the closed areas are the usual race border boundaries that are always in effect. Looks like I can still 4x4 up to my usual mountainside vantage point. Hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post

Seems like the boundaries for the closed areas are the usual race border boundaries that are always in effect. Looks like I can still 4x4 up to my usual mountainside vantage point. Hopefully!
                        Will have my 4x4 locking diffs PRS and SEPT please pm me directions PLEASE!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

Will have my 4x4 locking diffs PRS and SEPT please pm me directions PLEASE!
                          PMed you!

Comment

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post

PMed you!
                            Got it (barely) I have yet to figure out the new pm system! THANKS!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                            X