• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice work!!!
    gotta fix that rear stab tho...looks a liitle weak in the middle

Comment

Nice Nami

Nice work, Victor. For some reason, I'd only "seen" it in the later orange paint scheme, with a constant chord horizontal stabilizer (between the fuselages only, like the F-82). I'm impressed with your talents, once again. I often wear my "Free John Parker" t-shirts, and am always impressed by your effort there. I also noted your cockpit is on the left side, as I'd imagined it.

Comment

Hey FlyKid, Thank you I was just having fun with your idea, glad you got to see it before it got yanked.
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Re: Re: Twin-nami

Originally posted by Marauder61
          How about Griffon powered Dual-Tsunami!

**admin note**
          We have recieved a complaint from Scott Germain, who's website was apparantly the source of the photo used for this illistration. For this reason, we have decided that it was in the best interest of all to remove the image.
          I wouldn't say it was a complaint, Wayne, so much as it was asking you about copying another person's work and modifying it without giving credit. In this case it was an Emil Strasser photo. It was an attempt to come up with a common strategy to deal with these things in the future. I thought we could discuss it and come up with an inclusive plan.

The same has been done by an AAFO and WAP visitor with the Jerry Day photo of Miss America's new paint. I haven't "complained" about this, though.

We're in an age where somebody's work can be copied with a click, and changed at whim, posted for all to see, and no credit or recognition is given to the originator of the work. As Wayne already knows, a lot of the time the only "payback" a photographer gets is a photo credit.

I'm not sure it's really a big deal with me. It seems to be the way this society is going, and there isn't a lot most people can do about it. I just wanted a chance to discuss it with Wayne and, possibly, come up with a solution.
          Scotty G

Comment

Perhaps he could have posted a link to the website, instead of displaying the photo directly. I'd still like to see it myself, but I arrived too late to do so. Got a link available?

ANYway, here's a sloppy photoshopped (TS-82?) Twin Tsunami. I made it from a blurry photo I shot so many years ago of the original paint.

photo by AirDOGGe

Comment

nice prop sync!

Comment

Hello Scotty -- I agree with your concerns about the uncredited use of photos for other purposes, and the need for some consensus among photographers about this issue. Most examples on this and your boards have been quite innocent and noncommercial, and fun, but it still is an issue. A while back a fairly well known aviation artist used a photo of mine that had been published in a Reno program as the basis for a painting that he was selling on his web site. The painting was a literal copy of my photo, (which was quite unique, so there was no question about the source of the image). I was obviously upset about this, as he had not asked me or credited me or even gotten the information about the event in his caption right. This "artist" got quite indignant when I contacted him about this, and indicated that in his mind the published image became public property and that he had every right to copy it and use it however he wanted to. This guy had no clue about copyright law, and didn't know he was clueless! I decided not to go through the aggravation and expense of pursuing the matter, but have in the back of my mind always regretted not following through on my anger.

This is a real issue for any of us who value what we do...

Neal

Comment

Thank you, Neal. Maybe we should get a collective email going to known aviation photographers and come up with a concensses (sp?) we can all support.

I'd be willing to head it.

I've also had an air race artist send me drawing of well know racing photos... It rubbed me wrong, too. I see your point.
                  Scotty G

Comment

Re: Homebulit inlimiteds

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    I received my copy of SPEED, PROPS AND PYLONS this past week. The Sandbergs now have possesson of Tsunami and are entertaining thoughts of rebuilding it... More power to them... Also in the March 94 edition of Sport Aviation there was a picture of a moch up and a short article of a R114-C3 racer from Sparks. Does anyone know what happened to it?

RichBSTL
                    What is the address to get their News Letter for SPEED,PROPS AND PYLONS. I used to get it before the Tsunami Tragedy.

Mark G. Ehlers

Comment

Check out www.speedpropsandpylons.com or www.allstarwarbirds.com

RichBstl

Comment

Trigercat?

LOOK! It's a bird? It's a plane? It's a Plyon Monster?
                        I did ask, and got permission from photographer Bill Pearce to have a little fun with this photo.
                        Thanks Bill
                        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

OMG!!!! Triple Threat..... What's Sani gonna do now!!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Homebulit unlimiteds

I like it Vic. Good job.

Bill
                            Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                            Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Would'nt it sound NEAT tho?!
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I can see the press release: "RARA Introduces New Trigercat Class for 2009". I'd pay real money to see it, wouldn't you?

Great shot, Bill, and a super rework, Victor.
                                SteveZ

Comment

Working...
                                X