Server "down" for a "few" hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server "down" for a "few" hours

I don't think I explained here but, the billing dept screwed up and and result, we were down!

Thanks to Pylon1Mark and rad2ltr who gave me head's up, was able to contact hosting company/registrar and get it fixed. Auto bill was turned on with active cards, AFAIK at least..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Server "down" for a "few" hours

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    I don't think I explained here but, the billing dept screwed up and and result, we were down!

Thanks to Pylon1Mark and rad2ltr who gave me head's up, was able to contact hosting company/registrar and get it fixed. Auto bill was turned on with active cards, AFAIK at least..
    After seeing the site replaced with a place-holder and following a little research it became evident that this needed your attention asap. That had to be a real shocker knowing you had auto-renew selected and see the aafo.com domain up for the highest bidder.... I'm just glad you were able to get things resolved without too much heartache - it could have turned out a lot different (happy it didn't though).
    Mark K....

Comment

Re: Server "down" for a "few" hours

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
      After seeing the site replaced with a place-holder and following a little research it became evident that this needed your attention asap. That had to be a real shocker knowing you had auto-renew selected and see the aafo.com domain up for the highest bidder.... I'm just glad you were able to get things resolved without too much heartache - it could have turned out a lot different (happy it didn't though).
      Wish we could have preserved pylon1.com!

by edit: Just came to mind *why* I chose aafo to be the domain name.. At the time, the "search engine algo's" were really alphabetic order leaning. Today I'd have called it raceplanes. or probably something else.

I still own raceplanes dot and a few others that I'd consider changing site name/domain. Since I'd retain aafo, I could use redirect and everyone who clicked on an aafo link would auto redirect to raceplanes..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
      X