Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Czech Mate

Default Re: Czech Mate

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Nuts View Post
    Let me expand on my reply. When a propeller that is too large is fitted to an airplane the blades are shortened with a straight cut because it is simple and costs less not for efficiency. Attached is a photo of a CNC profiled blade on Precious Metal which gave a 56 MPH increase in speed.
    Czech Mate had squared off Aero Products hollow steel blades. Therefore profiling the ends would have been not possible.
    John Slack

Quote Originally Posted by BellCobraIV View Post
    Czech Mate had squared off Aero Products hollow steel blades. Therefore profiling the ends would have been not possible.
    Thank you for your answer. So that brings more questions to mind, once the hollow blades were shortened how were the ends closed off and how much was removed from the blades?

[

I just measured one of the tips that was removed. It is 14.25" tall. The cord at the cut is 12.5" The holes to fill are a tick more than 3/8 "
    Larry Klassen told me that he braised the ends to fill them.

QUOTE=Plane Nuts;147337]Thank you for your answer. So that brings more questions to mind, once the hollow blades were shortened how were the ends closed off and how much was removed from the blades?[/QUOTE]

That's fantastic, Leo! Well done!
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TWD View Post
    [

I just measured one of the tips that was removed. It is 14.25" tall. The cord at the cut is 12.5" The holes to fill are a tick more than 3/8 "
    Larry Klassen told me that he braised the ends to fill them.

QUOTE=Plane Nuts;147337]Thank you for your answer. So that brings more questions to mind, once the hollow blades were shortened how were the ends closed off and how much was removed from the blades?
    [/QUOTE]

Thank you for your answer. As a mechanic and gearhead I like to know how mods are done.

Hello Deepsky! I have #8 in the que (you said it would be near impossible for me, my son agrees, so, a challenge). Cobra ii is almost finished, then #8 then Vicki's purple mustang.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com