Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wayne: Missing in action

Default Re: Wayne: Missing in action

Any update Wayne? Hope they are getting it figured out & that things are looking up for you.
    Lockheed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    Any update Wayne? Hope they are getting it figured out & that things are looking up for you.
    Spent 48 hours with heart monitor last week, ended the week friday night with 12 hours in the sleep study clinic... guess what?

I have an actually known "tic" in my sleep in that I don't trust new sleep places and my brain fights me to stay awake so the dinosaur does not snack on my sleeping body.. I managed only a few short sessions of sleep... unsure yet if enough to make final decisions on what to do... (another sleep session possible)

Biggest issue is the absolute fatigue I feel doing the most SIMPLE tasks! I can't feel my heart in afib like I used to, but I can feel it stopping! And they tell me that's exactly what's happening!

I'm supposed to call 911 if I have a put me on my belly knock out session, or experience the nausea, clamyness, light headed,, and all the rest symptoms of an actual heart attack.

This one is sort of hard for me to process based on my childhood history of "Oh, it'll get better, just sleep some more" rather than treating stuff... I tend to NOT call 911 at all costs.. I'd never ridden in an ambulance in my 71 years, in the last two years, I think I have 5... that's FIVE ambulance rides, including one in Las Vegas last winter!

So anyway Mr. Bob.. summing things up, not in the hospital sitting at home.. good thing!!!!!!!!!

Will see where we wind up next! I've been through long term INTENSE treatment for Cancer and later two months of hyperbaric Ox treatment to help healing from jaw damage (radiation) Hope I don't have a lot of time consuming treatments in my future!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Fingers firmly crossed for you Wayne and sending boatloads of good vibes your way!

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Spent 48 hours with heart monitor last week, ended the week friday night with 12 hours in the sleep study clinic... guess what?

I have an actually known "tic" in my sleep in that I don't trust new sleep places and my brain fights me to stay awake so the dinosaur does not snack on my sleeping body.. I managed only a few short sessions of sleep... unsure yet if enough to make final decisions on what to do... (another sleep session possible)

Biggest issue is the absolute fatigue I feel doing the most SIMPLE tasks! I can't feel my heart in afib like I used to, but I can feel it stopping! And they tell me that's exactly what's happening!
    I had the same issue during the sleep study. I can *ususally* get some amount of sleep in new settings, but I had a real problem with all the sensors and wires they had strapped to me. Fortunately (or not...) my apnea was evident and unmistakable in about 15 minutes of sleep.

If you've got lengthy periods of dropped beats, I'm kinda surprised they didn't have you wear a defibrillator vest... just in case. :-0

Sending prayers your way.

Wayne Bless you! Have the best Holidays possible. Praying for you, the Carleys'.