Wayne: Missing in action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne: Missing in action

Just stopping in briefly to explain why I've not been here much lately....

The ablation I got last month failed... back into afib, back in hospital yesterday, home same day. I see cardiologist in two days... not sure where we go from here but I am actually quite a bit worse off than I was before the procedure.. it worked really well for about two weeks then.... poof walk more than a few steps, exhausted.. try to do more.. .neary pass out..

Still here... just not playing right now.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Wayne: Missing in action

Hang in there. I hope the docs get things figured out quickly.

Will

Comment

Take care Wayne. We need you. Prayers are with you. We have to have a cold one next year @ Reno.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Look after yourself Wayne!
        Zac in NZ

Comment

Well that sucks... that's a damn shame the first procedure didn't yield better results. Hopefully with this second go around they'll get you patched back up better than ever.
          Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
            Well that sucks... that's a damn shame the first procedure didn't yield better results. Hopefully with this second go around they'll get you patched back up better than ever.
            Yea, well I guess this is fairly common.. BeerNazi's old friend has 4 and didn't your dad have more than one? I know they go in and do the minimum to start, it did work for a while, I felt like a hundred bucks

Thanks for everyone's well wishes, pretty sure I'll eventually come out of this AOK, it's just going to be a bit of a slow process due to the shortage of doctor appointments
            !
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I started cycling (again) and eating more avocados and fish...soft for the heart !

I wish you speedy recovery Wayner !

I had serioues teeth issue 1.5 years ago. Two wisdow teeth were removed. It took an hour on both..in two week separation. Upper one was so tigthly bonded with jawbone that same amout of jaw came with it as was the tooth in size as thet removed it. I had to take a penicillium too...bad infection. That affected my heart...and I gained weight too.
              Last edited by Jukka; 12-01-2022, 04:01 AM.

Comment

!Praying for you Wayne!
                Love the Carleys!

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Got some good news from the sleep study folks, though my appointment isn't until mid-January, they moved me to the top of the list for cancellations!! Stuck for 48 hours with heart monitor, then I'm next on the list and they get a lot of cancelled appointments in Dec!

One thing I've discovered, you really REALLY have to be your own patient advocate! I could not get my cardiologist to ask the sleep folks to move me up the schedule.. It only took one call and they obliged me!

Frustrating overall because the cardio people are telling me the apnea is likely the root cause of everything, yet, they can manage to get me in and do a 5 hr procedure and I can't get the doc to try to get the sleep folks to move me up?

I thought once you were in the system, it sort of moved along in your benefit... NO WAY!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well, that's not what anyone wants to hear, although it generally agrees with what I've been told. They do as little ablation as possible because of where they have to do it for A-fib. Too much ablation can lead to stenosis around one valve in the heart.

And yes, you can't just hand yourself or a loved one over to the medical system... you have to learn and fight through the red tape for yourself. It definitely shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Hopefully the next round will get it sorted out for good.

PS- along the lines of self-advocacy: based on what I've learned from others, be sure to ask your cardiologist about the level you are at risk for OTHER arrhythmias after the procedure. At least one person I know got rid of A-fib, but developed another (and actually much more serious) rhythm issue afterward, and wound up with a pacemaker.

Comment

Any update Wayne? Hope they are getting it figured out & that things are looking up for you.
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                        Any update Wayne? Hope they are getting it figured out & that things are looking up for you.
                        Spent 48 hours with heart monitor last week, ended the week friday night with 12 hours in the sleep study clinic... guess what?

I have an actually known "tic" in my sleep in that I don't trust new sleep places and my brain fights me to stay awake so the dinosaur does not snack on my sleeping body.. I managed only a few short sessions of sleep... unsure yet if enough to make final decisions on what to do... (another sleep session possible)

Biggest issue is the absolute fatigue I feel doing the most SIMPLE tasks! I can't feel my heart in afib like I used to, but I can feel it stopping! And they tell me that's exactly what's happening!

I'm supposed to call 911 if I have a put me on my belly knock out session, or experience the nausea, clamyness, light headed,, and all the rest symptoms of an actual heart attack.

This one is sort of hard for me to process based on my childhood history of "Oh, it'll get better, just sleep some more" rather than treating stuff... I tend to NOT call 911 at all costs.. I'd never ridden in an ambulance in my 71 years, in the last two years, I think I have 5... that's FIVE ambulance rides, including one in Las Vegas last winter!

So anyway Mr. Bob.. summing things up, not in the hospital sitting at home.. good thing!!!!!!!!!

Will see where we wind up next! I've been through long term INTENSE treatment for Cancer and later two months of hyperbaric Ox treatment to help healing from jaw damage (radiation) Hope I don't have a lot of time consuming treatments in my future!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Fingers firmly crossed for you Wayne and sending boatloads of good vibes your way!
                          Zac in NZ

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Spent 48 hours with heart monitor last week, ended the week friday night with 12 hours in the sleep study clinic... guess what?

I have an actually known "tic" in my sleep in that I don't trust new sleep places and my brain fights me to stay awake so the dinosaur does not snack on my sleeping body.. I managed only a few short sessions of sleep... unsure yet if enough to make final decisions on what to do... (another sleep session possible)

Biggest issue is the absolute fatigue I feel doing the most SIMPLE tasks! I can't feel my heart in afib like I used to, but I can feel it stopping! And they tell me that's exactly what's happening!
                            I had the same issue during the sleep study. I can *ususally* get some amount of sleep in new settings, but I had a real problem with all the sensors and wires they had strapped to me. Fortunately (or not...) my apnea was evident and unmistakable in about 15 minutes of sleep.

If you've got lengthy periods of dropped beats, I'm kinda surprised they didn't have you wear a defibrillator vest... just in case. :-0

Sending prayers your way.

Comment

Wayne Bless you! Have the best Holidays possible. Praying for you, the Carleys'.

Comment

Working...
                              X