Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miss America 2023 - Let's get it done!

As a 90 year old thanks to Wayne & Mark for keeping this site open thruout the years. This has truly been the best site for Air Race news.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

I was blessed in 1999 to be with Larry & Family. Gold Standard; Man, Family & Team...soon to be Gold Winners as well. Best wishes to the Butlers, Doc and families in these difficult times. As Greg said, "Lets do it for Dad!"
      Attached Files

Comment

Well in light of the recent news - Go Doc Go!
        No better team & machine to take the final RENO GOLD!

Comment

Right on Mitch!
          Zac in NZ

Comment

Any news Mark?? Less than a month out!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
              Any news Mark?? Less than a month out!
              I've been visiting every Saturday for the last month to stay on top of things, and nothing is happening on Miss A thus far. I suspect the motor has or will arrive this week so after the trip this weekend I hope to have some new pics & info to share. The main plan hasn't changed, take the airplane to PRS and get some testing in and Brent get some time on the course. Brent, the crew, Rick, Pete Law, and maybe a few other players will be working to get Miss A in top trim for the races - should prove to be a very interesting time.

No one guessed the surprise news yet, and I haven't seen mention of it... so - looks like it's still going to be a surprise. Maybe the crew will feel generous after the PRS and let you guys in on it. I will say this, you'll all soon know just how serious Brent is about winning this year ;-)
              Mark K....

Comment

Well.... I went to visit this afternoon and unfortunately, I don't have anything new to report. Still waiting on the motors to arrive from Rick's shop... and it could be any day now. The motors arriving late is not really an issue as far as making it to the PRS next month - Rick knows how long the crew needs to get her installed and operational so it seems like he's going to wait until he knows it needs to be there. The good news is the same as it was a month ago... the newly-refreshed yellow race motor (formerly known as the gorilla motor) is ready to go and we're waiting on the red motor to get completed. Rick is wanting to bring 'em up at the same time, but Greg already told me if it starts getting close to crunch time Rick will bring up the race motor and bring the other one when it gets done.... whatever it takes Brent & Miss A will be at the PRS. Hope to see you guys & gals there too!
                Mark K....

Comment

Well since this is going to be the last Reno Air Races I hope Miss America wins the Unlimited Gold. That would be outstanding.
                  Mark G. Ehlers

Comment

Mark, Re: ((No one guessed the surprise news yet, and I haven't seen mention of it...))
                    I really did not know if you wanted us guessing. With your recent post, here is my guess straight from the original Thunder Over Reno script (these A/C became PM - for a longer story possibly at the right time).
                    - I always envisioned a MissA Team since I was a kid
                    - - GOLD Class a MissA Painted RB51 (Grif. contra- rotator)
                    - - SILVER Class the original MissA P51D (RR)
                    - - BRONZE Class a MissA Painted P51A (Allison)
                    ...so my guess is maybe Doc and team are going to bring 2 MissA's the D and the (B/C)?
                    ...Doc (or a-pilot runs the MissA razorback in Bronze and possibly moves up after a quick win)...Doc moves on to win Gold!
                    Call it my-guess or a dream - to finally see more than one of the worlds best looking airplane ever together.
                    No matter what I am thrilled to be there to watch Doc & Team win and possibly win multiple Trophies.
                    Mitch

Comment

My guess: A "hired gun" to actuate the stick. I would think there are a few qualified candidates out there.

GP

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
                        My guess: A "hired gun" to actuate the stick. I would think there are a few qualified candidates out there.

GP
                        From what I recall, Brent doesn’t necessarily want Miss A to win, but he wants to win with Miss A. Part of the reason for going to PRS is so Brent can get more accustomed to the plane in a controlled setting. The rumors floating around that Steven was gonna fly it were quickly put to rest with the notion that Brent races Miss A or it doesn’t race.
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I'll take a guess... He's going big, with insurance that he can continue to go big, because everyone is going home and not coming back next year. Now, what "big" entailes could be debatable. I'll wager its not another pilot, or another plane.

Will

Comment

If Miss A wins, Brent will be sitting in the cockpit!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

New (for her) Propeller?
                              May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

If it's not something we can see before or during PRS, my guess is a second race engine. Possibly a tube if they follow through with the plan to hanger the plane at Stead following PRS.

Comment

Working...
                                X