Survived My Heart Ablation Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survived My Heart Ablation Procedure

Nearly 5 hours long, they did the trick. Now a few days taking it real easy with a pretty sore groin (that's where they put the machine in that goes up to your heart) and I should be on the way to total recovery!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Survived My Heart Ablation Procedure

YAAAAAYYY!! get some rest, amigo: see ya on the ramp.

Comment

Glad to hear the good news...
      You've been ablated dude
      Mark K....

Comment

Great news Wayne my Pacemaker is doing its job.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
          Great news Wayne my Pacemaker is doing its job.
          Thank goodness, being in the early diagnosed category, I was able to just do the ablation procedure! Likely *somewhere* down the road, I could be on one!

I really need to get my legs in shape because my first knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Jan 17. I also have to begin dental restoration process ASAP as many of my teeth have been removed due to the jaw damage from radiation therapy for my cancer in 2004. I'm having difficulty chewing/swallowing solid food and I tend to inhale liquid food and get asperation pneumonia fairly frequently.

****s getting old aint it!!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

[QUOTE=AAFO_WSagar;147155]Thank goodness, being in the early diagnosed category, I was able to just do the ablation procedure! Likely *somewhere* down the road, I could be on one!

I really need to get my legs in shape because my first knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Jan 17. I also have to begin dental restoration process ASAP as many of my teeth have been removed due to the jaw damage from radiation therapy for my cancer in 2004. I'm having difficulty chewing/swallowing solid food and I tend to inhale liquid food and get asperation pneumonia fairly frequently.

****s getting old aint it!![/QUOTE

Glad to hear team Wayne is doing well, and getting the intake timing and undercarriage issues addressed well ahead of Reno 2023!!! Nobody wants a fire on startup or a gear up landing!!!

Comment

best of luck, follow through with your physical therapy and you'll have a good result

Comment

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post
                best of luck, follow through with your physical therapy and you'll have a good result
                It is really like magic, I'm breathing more easily, I can walk up and down the stairs and down the two story+ elevation change probably 3-4 hundred foot down to my shop and back up with no out of breath at all!!!

I am truly a blessed man!

Thank you all for your support! Means more to me than you can imagine!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post

Glad to hear team Wayne is doing well, and getting the intake timing and undercarriage issues addressed well ahead of Reno 2023!!! Nobody wants a fire on startup or a gear up landing!!!
                  Turns out the magneto is in good shape but the distributor was going afu!

Magneto surgery kind of intense, turned out well!!

I'm really encouraged, at 70's feeling as poorly as I was, I felt like I was looking at the end! NO FUN!!!

PARTY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAYNE'S WORLD!!!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Party On, Wayne!

Man, this is the place for all the inside news on all the best high performance parts. We have Wayne running a freshly rebuilt magneto, and Bob upgraded with an electronic ignition box.

Comment

so good to hear Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        Nearly 5 hours long, they did the trick. Now a few days taking it real easy with a pretty sore groin (that's where they put the machine in that goes up to your heart) and I should be on the way to total recovery!
                        Good news, thanks for sharing! I don't know your specific issue, but I've had a handful of episodes of A-fib. The first one happened on the morning of my 49th (not 50th) birthday, after about 2 years of insane stress. Every time it has happened, its either reverted on its own within 48 hours, or with meds. Well, ONE time they shocked me back in to sinus rhythm... It tended to happen about every two years for a while, and then my cardiologist put me on a pair meds that have prevented it for almost 5 years now (knock wood).

The point of relating all that is because when it first happened all those years ago, the first thing I asked was "can they fix this with ablation like they can other arrythmias?" The short answer was "yes, but because of where they have do the ablation on the heart muscle, there are some ugly potential side effects. But they're getting better and better every year at this particular one, so the longer we wait, the better it'll be." So I'm guessing it will be in my future at some point... but not yet!

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
                          Good news, thanks for sharing! I don't know your specific issue, but I've had a handful of episodes of A-fib. The first one happened on the morning of my 49th (not 50th) birthday, after about 2 years of insane stress. Every time it has happened, its either reverted on its own within 48 hours, or with meds. Well, ONE time they shocked me back in to sinus rhythm... It tended to happen about every two years for a while, and then my cardiologist put me on a pair meds that have prevented it for almost 5 years now (knock wood).

The point of relating all that is because when it first happened all those years ago, the first thing I asked was "can they fix this with ablation like they can other arrythmias?" The short answer was "yes, but because of where they have do the ablation on the heart muscle, there are some ugly potential side effects. But they're getting better and better every year at this particular one, so the longer we wait, the better it'll be." So I'm guessing it will be in my future at some point... but not yet!
                          Believe you me! I was nervous as could be! Made out a will, told my best buddies (BeerNazi and BiggerAl- AKA Allen Sprague) a bunch of stuff including the passwords to the server to send to Markers (Pylon1_Mark) in case he and Rad2ltr had to decide what to do with the server and this site!

I was aware that I could potentially die as well as a bunch of other chit that might happen. MY HEART BEATS NORMALLY NOW!!

Before procedure, I'd walk to my shop 150' or so away from and maybe 20' lower in elevation than the lower floor of BN and my house... I'd be sore legs and just about ready to pass out! Now I can go back and forth without any real stress except for leg burn from the climb.. good for me!

PS: by edit..

As for what caused it, could be apnea which initial test shows I'm moderate to severe and need a new overnight in clinic to decide what to do with me..

W H E T E V E R caused it or what type it is/was.. it was pretty much the worst kind in that my heart repeatedly STOPPED for up to 5 seconds after an afib episode..

Now to get my aging body back somewhat in shape!!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

HAPPY TO SEE THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                              Believe you me! I was nervous as could be! Made out a will, told my best buddies (BeerNazi and BiggerAl- AKA Allen Sprague) a bunch of stuff including the passwords to the server to send to Markers (Pylon1_Mark) in case he and Rad2ltr had to decide what to do with the server and this site!

I was aware that I could potentially die as well as a bunch of other chit that might happen. MY HEART BEATS NORMALLY NOW!!

Before procedure, I'd walk to my shop 150' or so away from and maybe 20' lower in elevation than the lower floor of BN and my house... I'd be sore legs and just about ready to pass out! Now I can go back and forth without any real stress except for leg burn from the climb.. good for me!

PS: by edit..

As for what caused it, could be apnea which initial test shows I'm moderate to severe and need a new overnight in clinic to decide what to do with me..

W H E T E V E R caused it or what type it is/was.. it was pretty much the worst kind in that my heart repeatedly STOPPED for up to 5 seconds after an afib episode..

Now to get my aging body back somewhat in shape!!
                              Mine was likely brought on by untreated apnea as well. I had *none* of the usual symptoms (tired during the day, nodding off to sleep, repeatedly waking at night, etc.) but when I had a sleep test done, they woke me up and put me on a mask within the first hour. Blood O2 saturation dropped below 70%, and I never had a clue. I absafragginlutely HATE wearing a CPAP, but I've made peace with it and it does work. I use a mask that fits under the nose and has soft, flat tubes that go up to the top of my head so the hose attaches there (Philips Dreamwear), and I can roll over without wrapping the hose around my neck.

Congrats on the "engine rebuild" and hope you continue to feel better!

Comment

Working...
                              X