Edwards AFB Open House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards AFB Open House

Edwards AFB Open House for the first time in 13 years. If anyone goes please, if you can, post some photos or anything else interesting. I would hope they have a video posted.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Edwards AFB Open House

Now that they have rolled SR-71 955 out from the museum, I wish I were there. Sadly, it is not to be. I do know a few people who are there. I'll try and get them to post over here.

Will

Comment

Wow no kidding, just checked ! I would have guessed the last Edwards show was pre Covid, not 13 years ago! I went to Santa Maria instead.

Comment

Hello!

I saw this post and thought i'd upload some of the photos that I had taken at the Edwards Air Force Base airshow!
        They are not great (as they were taken from my phone) but at least it's something to look at!

UPDATE: I cannot for the life of me figure out how to attach the photos that I have taken on to this post (apologies, this is my first post on AAFO, long time lurker though haha). If anyone would like to see the photos (they are just really of the SR-71 and the Darkstar), please assist me with how to post photos on this forum!

Thank you!

Comment

I think I figured it out....

My girlfriend took WAY better photos than I did... I will upload some of those when I receive them from her!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by steven556r; 10-24-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Some more!
            Attached Files

Comment

Excellent pictures!

Since this place is all about pictures of fast airplanes, I'd say you win today!

61-7955 isn't eligible for any class at Reno, but if you took all the race speeds of the finishers of this year's Saturday unlimited gold heat and added them all together, you'd approach her cruising speed

Comment

IMO - being a "youngin", my favorite part of this show was the sheer history of being at such a legendary place AND being able to experience multiple sonic booms in person on almost the exact date in history Chuck broke the sound barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by steven556r View Post
                  IMO - being a "youngin", my favorite part of this show was the sheer history of being at such a legendary place AND being able to experience multiple sonic booms in person on almost the exact date in history Chuck broke the sound barrier.
                  Thank you very much for sharing... nice shots... what is that really slick thing??
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                    Thank you very much for sharing... nice shots... what is that really slick thing??
                    Wayne,

You are very welcome!

Are you talking about the Darkstar? It was the aircraft from the new Top Gun Maverick movie!

Comment

Originally posted by steven556r View Post
                      Wayne,

You are very welcome!

Are you talking about the Darkstar? It was the aircraft from the new Top Gun Maverick movie!
                      Movie prop or real?
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                        Movie prop or real?
                        It was the prop used in the movie. I don't know how much everyone knows about this plane (so stop me if I'm being preachy haha). This is a fictitious aircraft. In the movie it went mach 10, piloted by Tom Cruise. The funny thing is that this aircraft and the prop used in the film were actually designed and built by Lockheed Martin. They built it so well that apparently Chinese spy satellites were monitoring the progress of the build! It could be "real" but we shall never know!

Comment

Great Photos. After 26 years with Lockheed the "Need To Know" is real about a lot of things.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                            Great Photos. After 26 years with Lockheed the "Need To Know" is real about a lot of things.
                            Thank you Bob! I have always been interested in what they got cookin' up in there!

Comment

Working...
                            X