Updates from Reno...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Updates from Reno...

One moment mayday'd, landed 14, taxied back under own ppower. Cowling & fuselage looked clean.

Comment

A random observation from today…

While I am sure it is at least somewhat influenced by the smoke (or lack of,) the schedule that is actually happening today (Saturday) looks a lot like the spilt schedule that was discussed here with Owen, myself, and many others: racing back to back to back during the earlier hours with plans for most of the military and civilian demos later in the day. Personally, today has been very enjoyable from my end and I am genuinely curious how the post-event review by the staff will consider the day in terms of flow and ultimate success.

Regardless, glad the weather finally cooperated and some good racing has had the chance to happen.

James
      Last edited by Fawkes; 09-19-2022, 06:42 AM.

Comment

The wind has picked up significantly and I hope it doesn?t effect racing later in the day. But at least we?re not smoked out!!!
        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Smoke is rolling back in?.
          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

And it?s comin in thick!!!

Prob just gonna be airshow for the rest of the day?
            "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Watching on YouTube, VERY smoky, on CNN they are talking about current fires that are supplying the smoke. I think we just got lucky this morning and early afternoon, looks like there's plenty of sources for the smoke!

edit: From the looks of things right now with the demo going on, I don't think I've ever seen it that smoky out there!!!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I can attest, I?ve never seen it this bad
                "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

The F-18 disappears in the smoke. You can only see it when it is right in front. We just left Stead. At least we got to see a full day of racing.

Comment

Believe it or not, it?s actually trying to clear out as I type?
                    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Tower was saying four miles, I guess I'm not a good judge of distance.

Comment

Full day of racing more or less. The smoke cleared into a beautiful day, then at 2:45 the wind shifted and we got smoked out. The smoke cleared and we got some ramp shoot action. That action was cut short when the ramp security had a cow and kicked everyone off the ramp. Including the RARA Media crew group photo shoot... Who didn't get that memo. Hahah.

Tomorrow should be interesting. Do we get races, to we get smoke and rain? Stay tuned sports fans

Will

Comment

Joel and Dreadnought were GOING and Stephen and Bardahl Special flipped the script - great stuff to watch! And the STOLs - long may they continue, terrific entertainment.

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                          Tomorrow should be interesting. Do we get races, to we get smoke and rain? Stay tuned sports fans
                          This fan has his alarm set for 0530 New Zealand Time (the livestream said it would resume at 1030 Reno time) and has all appendages crossed for good weather and safe racing.
                          Zac in NZ

Comment

Wow, the Sport Gold was very interesting. Hopefully someone on site can get some info on what happened to #s 30. 39, and 24. And finally a Thunder Mustang takes home the big cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al View Post
                              Wow, the Sport Gold was very interesting. Hopefully someone on site can get some info on what happened to #s 30. 39, and 24. And finally a Thunder Mustang takes home the big cup.
                              Jeff taxi’d back under his own power. Andrew was towed back, no visual signs of damage or oil on the outside of the airplane. Jim’s prop was not turning when he landed on 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al View Post
                                Lavelle taxied back after the race. The 30 was towed in. Not sure yet about Rust.

Comment

Working...
                                X