Change Thread Display Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Thread Display Order

Personally, I think FB has us in the fact that they display newest post first.. if you're following a thread it makes total sense to have it set that way. I hate having to click on the link I get in my email and then click on last page.

Problem is.. I can not believe how hard it is to get Vbulletin go change the default thread order! Seems really simple, and it may well be a user activated option..

Just seems like it would make it easier to follow topics..

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Change Thread Display Order

I'll come here regardless of how the thread is laid out!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
      Personally, I think FB has us in the fact that they display newest post first.. if you're following a thread it makes total sense to have it set that way. I hate having to click on the link I get in my email and then click on last page.

Problem is.. I can not believe how hard it is to get Vbulletin go change the default thread order! Seems really simple, and it may well be a user activated option..

Just seems like it would make it easier to follow topics..

Just click on the "View First Unread" icon at the top of each thread page?

Comment

I always come here. I don't use Facebook, Twitter, ETC.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
          I always come here. I don't use Facebook, Twitter, ETC.
          100% this! I have ZERO social media so I come here for all my air race news!
          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Wayne,

Pardon me, but I don't understand what the issue is. When viewing AAFO, the most recent postings are shown first. Has always been that way.

???

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Tibia View Post
              Wayne,

Pardon me, but I don't understand what the issue is. When viewing AAFO, the most recent postings are shown first. Has always been that way.

???

Bob
              Good grief, it's prolly controlled by the user in user settings then.. I can't figure out how to trigger it??
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

On the top Right of the page beside Log Out, "Settings" - "My Settings" - "General Settings" - "Thread Display Options" then change "Thread Display Mode:" to "Linear - Newest First". This would only affect the current logged in individual user and would remain their preference on each login. Obviously it could be changed back to "Oldest First" at any time. In the AdminCP this setting is likely available if you wanted to change this to a new forum default. Maybe those who prefer that viewing mode could just change their own preference and save you the headache of adjusting the entire forum.

Don

Comment

Working...
                X