Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Change Thread Display Order

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,688

    Default Change Thread Display Order

    Personally, I think FB has us in the fact that they display newest post first.. if you're following a thread it makes total sense to have it set that way. I hate having to click on the link I get in my email and then click on last page.

    Problem is.. I can not believe how hard it is to get Vbulletin go change the default thread order! Seems really simple, and it may well be a user activated option..

    Just seems like it would make it easier to follow topics..

    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    386

    Default Re: Change Thread Display Order

    I'll come here regardless of how the thread is laid out!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

  3. #3

    Default Re: Change Thread Display Order

    Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Personally, I think FB has us in the fact that they display newest post first.. if you're following a thread it makes total sense to have it set that way. I hate having to click on the link I get in my email and then click on last page.

    Problem is.. I can not believe how hard it is to get Vbulletin go change the default thread order! Seems really simple, and it may well be a user activated option..

    Just seems like it would make it easier to follow topics..

    Just click on the "View First Unread" icon at the top of each thread page?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NV
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Change Thread Display Order

    I always come here. I don't use Facebook, Twitter, ETC.
    Lockheed Bob

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    386

    Default Re: Change Thread Display Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    I always come here. I don't use Facebook, Twitter, ETC.
    100% this! I have ZERO social media so I come here for all my air race news!
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Change Thread Display Order

    Wayne,

    Pardon me, but I don't understand what the issue is. When viewing AAFO, the most recent postings are shown first. Has always been that way.

    ???

    Bob

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,688

    Default Re: Change Thread Display Order

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibia View Post
    Wayne,

    Pardon me, but I don't understand what the issue is. When viewing AAFO, the most recent postings are shown first. Has always been that way.

    ???

    Bob
    Good grief, it's prolly controlled by the user in user settings then.. I can't figure out how to trigger it??
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Change Thread Display Order

    On the top Right of the page beside Log Out, "Settings" - "My Settings" - "General Settings" - "Thread Display Options" then change "Thread Display Mode:" to "Linear - Newest First". This would only affect the current logged in individual user and would remain their preference on each login. Obviously it could be changed back to "Oldest First" at any time. In the AdminCP this setting is likely available if you wanted to change this to a new forum default. Maybe those who prefer that viewing mode could just change their own preference and save you the headache of adjusting the entire forum.

    Don

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •