Fate of September Fury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fate of September Fury?

Cannot find September Fury on here and have forgotten what ever happened to it? Or never knew.

Re: Fate of September Fury?

Originally posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
    Cannot find September Fury on here and have forgotten what ever happened to it? Or never knew.
    Rod Lewis sold it and it?s being returned to stock and sent overseas last I heard.

Comment

Still sitting at Sanders but heading to Germany at some point.

Comment

The only thing that will be "stock" is the 3350. The plane will stay a racer, but go to Germany.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
          Rod Lewis sold it and it?s being returned to stock and sent overseas last I heard.
          kind of aggravating as there have been two stock FB.11 warbirds on the market since then that would have been easier for the new owner to have had done the way he wants without destroying another air racer.
          remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
            The only thing that will be "stock" is the 3350. The plane will stay a racer, but go to Germany.
            Why is it staying a racer if it's heading oversees?
            "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
              kind of aggravating as there have been two stock FB.11 warbirds on the market since then that would have been easier for the new owner to have had done the way he wants without destroying another air racer.
              Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
              Why is it staying a racer if it's heading oversees?
              Again, it won't be returning to stock. And I have no idea why it will stay a racer going to Germany. I have these same questions, but that's what Chad Dale that works with Sanders said a few weeks ago.

@RAD2LTR did make a good point in that the new owner may not be one of the "extravagantly wealthy" warbird types, and just wanted to get his hands on a Sea Fury. 232 was priced pretty conservatively so he made that happen. As far as I know there weren't any other Furies for sale, and the only two that have been are the ones on Platinum right now - both double or more the price of 232. He got a Sea Fury, and for the price he paid has to deal with the fact that it's an uncomfortable one lol.
              Last edited by GRNDP51; 08-01-2022, 09:20 AM.
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                Again, it won't be returning to stock. And I have no idea why it will stay a racer going to Germany. I have these same questions, but that's what Chad Dale that works with Sanders said a few weeks ago.

@RAD2LTR did make a good point in that the new owner may not be one of the "extravagantly wealthy" warbird types, and just wanted to get his hands on a Sea Fury. 232 was priced pretty conservatively so he made that happen. As far as I know there weren't any other Furies for sale, and the only two that have been are the ones on Platinum right now - both double or more the price of 232. He got a Sea Fury, and for the price he paid has to deal with the fact that it's an uncomfortable one lol.
                Aarrggggggh! Bad news indeed. Hopefully they'll see the light and bring it back. That was my 3rd all time favorite Reno Racer.
                Also why do you say he got an uncomfortable Sea Fury?

Thanks for the answers folks.
                Last edited by GeeBeeZ1931; 08-03-2022, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Its uncomfortable because its a race plane. In many ways I'd imagine it being like a race car. Have you done a long drive on the street with a race car? Creature comforts are an afterthought, best use of space for onboard systems as well as correcting for weight and balance is a big deal. Its not meant to be comfortable, its meant to go fast.

I'm 100% sure it will be hot as hell to fly for a long time, somewhat cramped, very noisy (noise canceling headset is a must) limited vision through the small canopy as well.

I don't know what the current story is, but I do know that the new owner wants to keep it September Fury, and there was talk of it making one last race around the pylons before going to Europe. I have some pics taken back in January of it at Sanders and it looks like they are doing some work on it, but what I can't say. It still looks like September Fury.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                    Its uncomfortable because its a race plane. In many ways I'd imagine it being like a race car. Have you done a long drive on the street with a race car? Creature comforts are an afterthought, best use of space for onboard systems as well as correcting for weight and balance is a big deal. Its not meant to be comfortable, its meant to go fast.

I'm 100% sure it will be hot as hell to fly for a long time, somewhat cramped, very noisy (noise canceling headset is a must) limited vision through the small canopy as well.

I don't know what the current story is, but I do know that the new owner wants to keep it September Fury, and there was talk of it making one last race around the pylons before going to Europe. I have some pics taken back in January of it at Sanders and it looks like they are doing some work on it, but what I can't say. It still looks like September Fury.

Will
                    Interesting. Any way(please)could you post said pics for us fans? Except for the canopy I thought fighters were pretty much minimalist in the comfort department to begin with.
                    Last edited by GeeBeeZ1931; 08-04-2022, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Interesting. Any way(please)could you post said pics for us fans? Except for the canopy I thought fighters were pretty much minimalist in the comfort department to begin with.
                      Fighters are pretty minimalist, but a racer takes minimalist to the next level.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ione4.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	232174

Name:	Ione3.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	232175

Name:	Ione2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	423.0 KB
ID:	232176

Name:	Ione1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	433.8 KB
ID:	232177

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                        Fighters are pretty minimalist, but a racer takes minimalist to the next level.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26770[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]26771[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]26772[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]26773[/ATTACH]

Will
                        I'm not sure how recent this is - but I also see Mr. Getchell's Sea Fury N260X getting some love as well... Thanks for posting these photo's... Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mkd1966 View Post
                          I'm not sure how recent this is - but I also see Mr. Getchell's Sea Fury N260X getting some love as well... Thanks for posting these photo's... Mike
                          These were taken back in January or so. Not super recent, but still this year.

Will

Comment

Thank you so much for posting those. What a beautiful airplane. Do you happen to know if the Corsair is going to be a new Super Corsair, Racer or just a restoration?

Comment

Thank you so much for posting those. What a beautiful airplane. Do you happen to know if the Corsair is going to be a new Super Corsair, Racer or just a restoration?
                              Its a restoration, but I don't know who's. It won't be a racer.

Comment

Working...
                              X