Official Entry List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Entry List

The big news of this weekend for those that haven't yet seen it - https://airrace.org/news/the-race-is-on/

Some cool things in each class worth mentioning:

Of course the return of Czech Mate, along with the return of BARDAHL Special (Section 8). I was told that the entry list was updated the night before it was released, so Race 27 (or Miss Trinidad) still being on the list is a positive sign. If that is the only drop, 17 is still a great field and enough for Bronze I would assume.

The top 3 Sport Gold racers are all returning, along with Mojo and Race 181 hopefully able to make it into the weekend this year. Pete Zaccagnino is listed to be bringing his 'Super' Legacy back again (hmmm), and one of my favorite additions is Tom McNerney's Race 4 Super Legacy he has been building for a few years. It is one of the cleanest Legacy builds out there as Tom pays incredible attention to detail. Elliott Seguin is listed to be bringing the Stewart S51 that he has been testing for Rob Bower, but it sounded like insurance problems are holding that back. The most notable loss is Relentless, which sounds like Kevin is done racing. We will see if that holds true. All in all another very competitive Sport field with some new airframes as well.

All of the hot L-29's are back with only one Gold-worthy L-39. Nearly half the field is L-29's this year.

Jeff Lo is bringing back Miss Gianna for the first time since 2007. With Phantom not listed, I would think Miss Gianna is our Gold winner. Bad Mojo is also not on the list, but the speedy RB Special is back as well.

Limitless, Endeavor, and Fraed Naught for Gold! Miss Min is not on the list, but Fraed Naught returning with Steve Temple at the stick is sure to be a formidable combination. A few other notable racers are the return of What Airplane Honey?, and I think the debut of Eric Dienst's Deja Vu?

T-6 has all of the Gold racers coming back again, along with a few rookies and some new airframes. A pretty good turnout for the class this year.

Not too long to go!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Official Entry List

Looking forward to seeing Jeff and Miss Gianna take the gold this year. Had a great time with him at High Sierra last year!

Comment

Working...
    X