Air Race Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Race Crazy

OK, I'm catching the fever again! Doesn't burn quite as hot as it used to, but, how can you resist the lure of the pure motorsport that Reno Air Racing "the world's fastest motorsport" is! Thinkin' RARA needs to think about seeing if the TM for that is still available?

I love how guys like Dusty and hell, all the rest who add to the suspense..

Really does not matter if the field achieves 500MPH or close to it, what matters is the fact that these guys are willing to go balls out, 50' off the surface of the desert.

For what you ask?

WINNING RENO!!!!!!!!!

That's what! I remember the feeling I had in 2004 when I called Stacy (Rare Bear Crew Chief) he'd left the field early to get to his job for the next day workin' on big airplanes.. He was not aware of the cut, or whatever it was that put the Bear in the lead.. I remember.. "Skip cut a pylon, we won" I told him while he was on his way to Oakland for flight back to work next day.

I was sitting up here beat to **** by cancer treatment and I will never forget how good it felt to be a part of a Reno winning effort. I only served as coffee maker, photo taker, constant effort to publicize the efforts of the team guy. Still felt really good! Even though, I was not actually there (could not leave cancer treatment)

Guess what I'm trying to say is, "I get it" when it comes to how in hell these guys do it! Got to see it from inside, even helped pretty darn good a few times..

And, damn, I make coffee that will literally wake the dead!!!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Air Race Crazy

Well At 90 I still get the Reno fever. The good Lord willing I will be in the T6 area with Kenny Price & company. Stop by & see me. I will have my 1949 Cleveland Air Race photos with me when they raced for 300 miles around a 30 mile course for 10 laps. Cook Cleland & his P&W 4360 Corsairs did his thing a few times.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
      Well At 90 I still get the Reno fever. The good Lord willing I will be in the T6 area with Kenny Price & company. Stop by & see me. I will have my 1949 Cleveland Air Race photos with me when they raced for 300 miles around a 30 mile course for 10 laps. Cook Cleland & his P&W 4360 Corsairs did his thing a few times.
      Bob, anyone ever talk with you seriously, about you doing a book? I remember something under the penname "PaintBoy" was that you?

What a wonderful gift to our sport would your photo history provide!

Carp, I'm for sure a long way from being wealthy (WHOLE LOT LESS LATELY) but I'll dig my heels and do what I can to get you published..

We should talk!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Not "Paint Boy" More later.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
        X