• AAFO

Is AAFO up & running?
    Lockheed Bob

Re: AAFO

I guess no one is posting anything.

David

Comment

Yeah its running, but I don't really have anything new to add. We need more than just one person to contribute to the site. I haven't had a chance to really edit any more pics from PRS, so yeah.

Will

Comment

I quit posting and started lurking years ago. Perhaps its time to start posting again.
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky View Post
          I quit posting and started lurking years ago. Perhaps its time to start posting again.
          Yes Tony, you need to start posting again. Like I said, I can't keep new content going alone. I just don't have enough. The other members of the community are needed.

Will

Comment

OK, I'll post a question. Does anyone have a CURRENT list of 2022 Unlimited entrants? Please? I've seen the one from Feb.
            Last edited by GeeBeeZ1931; 07-11-2022, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
              OK, I'll post a question. Does anyone have a CURRENT list of 2022 Unlimited entrants? Please? I've seen the one from Feb.
              Its not out yet.

Will

Comment

I can give a well educated guess of what’s confirmed and rumored to be coming but it’s probably a little over a month til I can get the actual list from RARA.
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I hope "Tiger" at least shows up?
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                    I hope "Tiger" at least shows up?
                    Its a safe bet he'll be there, likely in the CM pit, but Strega won't.

On that note, one of the reasons we aren't seeing Voodoo or Strega might be due to a lack of rod bearings for allison rod Merlins. I've been told there aren't any more. There was one guy making them, and he pulled the plug years ago. I don't know if another manufacturer has been found to make them or not.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                      Its a safe bet he'll be there, likely in the CM pit, but Strega won't.

On that note, one of the reasons we aren't seeing Voodoo or Strega might be due to a lack of rod bearings for allison rod Merlins. I've been told there aren't any more. There was one guy making them, and he pulled the plug years ago. I don't know if another manufacturer has been found to make them or not.

Will
                      Does that mean Czech Mate is verified to be there this year?

Comment

Does that mean Czech Mate is verified to be there this year?
                        Not verified, but enough sources are talking about it being there that I'd be very surprised if it weren't there, and possibly faster than ever.

At this time there is one confirmed Yak, one probable (Czech Mate) and 1 hopeful/possible (Miss Trinidad) for a total of 3. Dusty's wont be done this year, but he is hoping to be there with his beautiful A model Mustang. I think the Sunday unlimited gold is going to be a great race with two different battles going on. The podium battle between Czech Mate, Dreadnought and Miss America, then the battle for 4-5 between Rushin Thunder and Miss Trinidad (both R2000 powered Yaks.)

Whos ready for some air racing?

Will

Comment

My officially unofficial list so far is -

Confirmed:
                          Miss America
                          Dreadnought
                          Rushin' Thunder
                          Argonaut
                          924G
                          Shanty Irish
                          Wee Willy II
                          Sweet Mary Lou
                          Swamp Fox
                          Bunny
                          Man 'O War
                          Pretty Polly

Highly Likely:
                          Czech Mate
                          Speedball Alice
                          Blondie
                          Lady B
                          Sweet and Lovely

Racing if Completed:
                          Miss Trinidad
                          Race 64

The only outliers are if POF races a second plane (would likely be Spam Can, but their Bearcat will also be there although I don't know who would race it), Barbara Jean (Jim Rust), and if Steve Coutches actually races something since he was at PRS. Outside of any surprises, that's the list for now.
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky View Post
                            FB has a bunch of the more active old members here... I really need to dig through my archives.. nice to see it active again right now!!!!

Another factor right now, as you know, Mark Kallio's wife is extremely ill and he has very limited time to spend out at the Miss America hangar Prayers for Kim and Mark..
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yes prayers & thoughts to Mark & Kim.
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X