Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

  1. #31

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
    Thank you very much. I'm SOOOO confused Absolutely LOVE the white paint job. But the plane has two different(well 3)names on it and two different nose paint schemes. Which one is the one at Reno? MORE please.
    As Kurtis pointed out, these are two different air frames, one owned by E.D. Weiner, ther other by Chuck Lyford.
    Here is the history of "Lady B' Aka "Bardahl Special" race 14 and/or "Bardahl Miss" race 49
    https://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-5...erial/44-74506

    Here is the history for Section Eight aka "Bardahl Special" race 8 raced by Bob Love and Chuck Lyford.
    https://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-5...erial/44-84390

    On a side note there was another Bardahl racer that was black and white checkerboard, and race 14 "Bardahl II" owned by E.D. Weiner as well.
    https://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-5...erial/44-72902


    How cool would it be to have all 3 Bardahl racers on the ramp at one time?

    Will

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    8,715

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Get some sleep Will!

    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

  3. #33

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    As Kurtis pointed out, these are two different air frames, one owned by E.D. Weiner, ther other by Chuck Lyford.
    Here is the history of "Lady B' Aka "Bardahl Special" race 14 and/or "Bardahl Miss" race 49
    https://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-5...erial/44-74506

    Here is the history for Section Eight aka "Bardahl Special" race 8 raced by Bob Love and Chuck Lyford.
    https://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-5...erial/44-84390

    On a side note there was another Bardahl racer that was black and white checkerboard, and race 14 "Bardahl II" owned by E.D. Weiner as well.
    https://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-5...erial/44-72902


    How cool would it be to have all 3 Bardahl racers on the ramp at one time?

    Will
    Well huh! Thanks. That was confusing but finally figured it out. Wish they'd keep the white paint job . Much more attractive unique and not so generic Mustang as far as I'm concerned.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    I think still some confusion. Bardahl Special in its white livery, and Bardahl Miss Tribute, still as lady B bothon the ramp at reno.

    As a Side, judging by the brand new trailers and equipment looks like a real race team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bardahl Miss.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	26840   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baerdahl Special.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	26841  

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Interesting it carries the number 8. List shows number 3. Dreadnaught is #8.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,220

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by coxtrot View Post
    Interesting it carries the number 8. List shows number 3. Dreadnaught is #8.
    They messed with the number earlier. It sorta looks like a 3 now.
    *My Air Race Site*

    Reno from '99 to '21

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,003

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by coxtrot View Post
    I think still some confusion. Bardahl Special in its white livery, and Bardahl Miss Tribute, still as lady B bothon the ramp at reno.

    As a Side, judging by the brand new trailers and equipment looks like a real race team.
    That is actually the old Voodoo tent and trailer. The trailer was re-painted, but none of that equipment is new.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeZ1931 View Post
    Thank you so much. Now the question comes up is this a modified or a stocker if anyone knows?
    Miss America out,making metal in OKlahoma

  9. #39

    Default Re: Unlimited Silly Season 2022 - It's Here!

    Quote Originally Posted by krts View Post
    Miss America out,making metal in OKlahoma
    The question was about Bardahl Special. Already know ALL about Miss A.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •