Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOSE THE GOOGLE ADS?

We're really talking a average day, lucky to get $2. ad revenue

We got stuck this year with an unwanted autorenewal at an outrageous rate..

I'm trying to negotiate a partial rebate.., or lower the fee! They hook you with a low price, then you figure on either moving to new first year/new user discount.. Long story, I'd hoped to negotiate with them, or move..

So what I'm getting at, the ad revenue, significant actually during the races...

crap I should have pulled the actual figures.

Long story short, would you guys be more comfortable going completely donation based with some sort of limit on just taking in enough to keep er going?

$2200. this year, trying to get out of it... what we have is available in servers costing from less than a hundred to hundred and a half a month... These guys nicked us for almost $200 a month! for their "entry level" dedicated server.

I think we can survive easily on one of the hundred a month boxes..

I don't like the ads at all! Too facebooky.. I also don't like filling in the gap during annual renewal for the box.. (why we have the ads) this site has never made a dollar profit! much the opposite, it was largely funded by me for a VERY LONG TIME.. completely retired, I can't commit to the cleanup of negative cash flow... nor, do I want the site to make any money!

Any of this make sense?
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: LOSE THE GOOGLE ADS?

If the ads only bring in $2, its a waste of time and effort. I was sort of thinking of putting some of my shots up on Fine Art America and trying to set up a deal where all proceeds from a sold image would go to the site. I don't know if it would be worth the effort or not.

Perhaps put a link on the site that goes to the FAA site where people can buy copies of my work. Obviously there will be people from outside the site that will find it as well. (Hmmm, how to get those people to come here?)

This is just an idea for me to find a way to make the site self sustaining financially. I also need to talk to a few people to see if they know of a more affordable server site where we can park the site.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      If the ads only bring in $2, its a waste of time and effort. I was sort of thinking of putting some of my shots up on Fine Art America and trying to set up a deal where all proceeds from a sold image would go to the site. I don't know if it would be worth the effort or not.

Perhaps put a link on the site that goes to the FAA site where people can buy copies of my work. Obviously there will be people from outside the site that will find it as well. (Hmmm, how to get those people to come here?)

This is just an idea for me to find a way to make the site self sustaining financially. I also need to talk to a few people to see if they know of a more affordable server site where we can park the site.

Will
      Well, let's wait a bit, revenue picked up once we integrated the story about Miss America with fb... I'm not going to post any DIRECT info there, they have to click a link to hangartalk and WE get the revenue, Not mr Z!

Four bucks yesterday... I've seen days over 100 bucks when things are really cookin'

I screwed up this year and did not negotiate a price reduction on the annual renewal, which renewed at about 2x the first yaear.. they auto renewed and I was not on top of it...

Anyway, we should be able to run the server for about $125. per month billed annually... this year we paid over 22 hundred for the year.... yech!

As of now, that annual billing came out of my pocket, so we still have over 2k in that account. IF I don't need the money, and we'll see how I'm doing after the boatload of medical stuff I've got to get done is over.. I'll leave it in the account for next year's search for new cheaper digs..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Update.. as annoying as they may be, if we can get the daily average to $5. it's $1800. per year, a enough to rent us a really nice, FAST box...

I can NOT encourage clicks, very very verbottten by google.. just the extra traffic we're getting now is producing enough page views to bring in over 4x right now at the initial stages of our embedded coverage and teases about Miss A Racing...

All of this stuff is activating my memory cells but, we discovered a heart condition that I need to keep my excitement levels in check.

Case you can't tell by my history of posts, good and bad... I'm extremely bi-polar... really HIGH highs, really low lows. Right now, when I get hyper, I have trouble controlling my BP and heart rate.

I used to be such a healthy sucker! Beat cancer with aplomb, despite being a weenie, managed to work in a job that took a lot of stamina... what to hell happened to me LOL!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X