Brad Haskin for RARA announcer..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Haskin for RARA announcer..

I think I got a pm or something where the very kind person thought my statement a bit back where I talked about one last gig at RENO.. might have been an indication that RARA had tapped me for that job... LOL!!

I've done a bit of field announcing which usually gives you something like 30 seconds or so, maybe a minute or two for brief interview.. (subject doing most of the talking)

I could never pull off doing that non stop, hours on end.

HOWEVER! Salty fart that he is, Mr. Haskin has more air race factoids stored in one fingernail than anyone I know..

His memory is uncanny he's got a good on air voice..

Boatload of "fill" stories, the guy's a natural for this job...

Brad.. what do you think? I'd feel like the sport has passed to a new generation of on air historian's and go to sleep at night felling secure that you'd never let up doing the best job possible..

Just an old man's dream but, I felt like throwing it out..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Brad Haskin for RARA announcer..

Vote for Brad
    Attached Files
    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Where do you vote for Brad?
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

AFAIK, there is no movement toward this, it just stuck me that he'd be wonderful in that slot! He has a memory like a steel trap tons of history.... Boy would he be a great addition!

Completely unsure he'd even be interested.. he's deservedly pissed at me, I was a real pee rick to him in a now deleted thread... I was drinking too much beer and let my short temper get the best of me. No excuse, but since having my seizures, my memory was not the only thing borked by them... ability to concentrate, patience.... not nearly the same as before..

Sorry Brad!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X