Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Miss America: RENO AIR RACES 2022 - Exciting Things Happening

Default Re: Miss America: RENO AIR RACES 2022 - Exciting Things Happening

Quote Originally Posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
    More.....

Attachment 26734 Attachment 26735 Attachment 26736 Attachment 26737 Attachment 26738

I'll leave you guys with a question that I'll answer next week. We all know Rick Shanholtzer builds the motors for Miss A and has since Brent started flying her. Just how many allison rod V-12 merlin engines has team Miss America raced during that time?

1) Never
    2) One
    3) Two
    4) Four
    I know they had an Allison Rod motor in 2002 (and 2001 even though I'm sure you aren't counting that year). I have heard conflicting things about whether or not they had one last year.
    Last edited by Race5; 06-26-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Nice work Mark! Glad the camera is doing the job for ya's.. I should prolly have sent my 24-120??
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Nice work Mark! Glad the camera is doing the job for ya's.. I should prolly have sent my 24-120??
    Thanks buddy... camera is working out better than perfect. In hind sight your correct, the faster lens would have been nice. Sorry I haven't been able to respond to all your comments Wayne... Kim's situation has gotten more tenuous as of late, and I've needed to step things up to meet the challenges. What free time I had is tuff to come by now, just trying to find time to respond here meant typing this on my phone while having a smoke break getting ready for work. I will say this is something I've needed - the last year has all been about Kim & hospital visits... First time I have been able to focus on anything besides that in a very long time.
    Mark K....

Thanks Mark for your work. Take care with Kim & the best for both of you.
    Lockheed Bob

Good work, Mr. Markers! (aka - snack master, web guru, etc, etc…) Please let Kim know we are thinking of her. Take care my friend.

SA
    Last edited by Smee Again; 06-28-2022 at 03:32 PM.

This is superb Mark, thank you (and the team!) for such detailed reports and so many photos!

Thanks buddy... camera is working out better than perfect. In hind sight your correct, the faster lens would have been nice. Sorry I haven't been able to respond to all your comments Wayne... Kim's situation has gotten more tenuous as of late, and I've needed to step things up to meet the challenges. What free time I had is tuff to come by now, just trying to find time to respond here meant typing this on my phone while having a smoke break getting ready for work. I will say this is something I've needed - the last year has all been about Kim & hospital visits... First time I have been able to focus on anything besides that in a very long time.
    Mark, initially, I was reluctant to task you with this project.. when we discussed it on the phone, you seemed interested enough to go forward. I only know the task you are going through from the patient side of things. My affliction was not near as far advanced as Kim's. But, I do know what the dedication of my caregiver Linda and her mom and what it put them through.

You gotta know everyone here is pulling for you guys!

Love you buddy!

PS. I'm going to send you specs on the lens, if it's a lot faster, won't cost much to overnight it to you.. Want you to have the best for the upcoming tasks!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by ZacYates View Post
    This is superb Mark, thank you (and the team!) for such detailed reports and so many photos!
    Thanks to all you guys for your interest! We are extremely lucky to have such an expert journalist on the job there! Mark Kallio has more knowledge about the sport in his little finger than most of us have in our entire brain! This has worked out really well! The owner/crew totally accept Mark as one of them. This whole thing just warms my heart!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

It's going to be tomorrow before I can do my weekly update (lots to process) but I did happen upon something that made me say "OMG", that takes no explanation at all.

Attachment 26569
    An air racer's hangar has all the cool stuff!

Then sitting just to the right.... there was something that didn't pop-out as special, but when I found out air racers they came off of, I was - whoa! It's like a shrine to air racers past.
    Attachment 26570
    Left to right: Mr. Awesome, RRIII, Leeward Air Ranch Special

Update tomorrow - have fun!
    I've been in that hanger!
    "Lighten Up Francis....."

Quote Originally Posted by Smee Again View Post
    Good work, Mr. Markers! (aka - snack master, web guru, etc, etc?) Please let Kim know we are thinking of her. Take care my friend.

SA
    Thanks Mike - will certainly pass on the message to Kim. You know, I haven't been called the snack master for a long time - brought back some good memories. Also good to see your still hanging around, hoping life's been good for ya & all... It's been a long time.
    Mark K....