Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRS 2022: Who's going, photogs, pilots, fans???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRS 2022: Who's going, photogs, pilots, fans???

Swamp Fox made it yesterday evening.

Supposedly Yak Race 26 arrived earlier today.

Sweet Mary Lou should be landing in an hour.

No updates on Barbara Jean.

No updates on anyone else attending, assuming Sanders send 924 though.

Anyone got the official info on who the 7 students are?
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      Swamp Fox made it yesterday evening.

Supposedly Yak Race 26 arrived earlier today.

Sweet Mary Lou should be landing in an hour.

No updates on Barbara Jean.

No updates on anyone else attending, assuming Sanders send 924 though.

Anyone got the official info on who the 7 students are?
      Swamp Fox, Sweet Mary Lou, Yak Race 26, 924, and Smoot's T-28 all on the ramp.
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro View Post
        June 10th at 4pm I will be having a small memorial for my dad if anyone can come

Shawn
        Wish I could be there, any chance of part 2 in September? A whole lot more of "us" will be there then.
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
          The keys weren't lost, they were in a very safe place... I just happened to forget where that safe place was for a bit
          Oh geez which famous historic explorer is credited with the quote in answer to the question.. "did you ever get lost" The response was something like "I never got lost, I was confused a bit for a few days but never lost"

Quote is not accurate but I remember a version of it growing up??
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Unlimiteds all getting some course time today.

924, Sweet Mary Lou, Yak Race 26, and Swamp Fox.

Sounds like Jim Rust is riding backseat in 924. Dusty is around as well.

Still trying to figure out who the 7 students are, we have 5 so far...

Good PRS!
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Unlimiteds all getting some course time today.

924, Sweet Mary Lou, Yak Race 26, and Swamp Fox.

Sounds like Jim Rust is riding backseat in 924. Dusty is around as well.

Still trying to figure out who the 7 students are, we have 5 so far...

Good PRS!
              I believe sherm was up in 924 this morning and just walked by suited up getting into 924. John Muszala II was in Sweet Mary Lou for the morning session and the planes owner is flying this afternoon. The Yak Race 26 might be a 400mph plane, sounds like ADI is also planned forit..Yak looks great, unlimiteds going up again as we speak-

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
                I believe sherm was up in 924 this morning and just walked by suited up getting into 924. John Muszala II was in Sweet Mary Lou for the morning session and the planes owner is flying this afternoon. The Yak Race 26 might be a 400mph plane, sounds like ADI is also planned forit..Yak looks great, unlimiteds going up again as we speak-
                Thanks for the update! LJ might make up the 7, it sounds like John Maloney is backseat in 924? Glad to hear about the Yak!
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Thanks for the update! LJ might make up the 7, it sounds like John Maloney is backseat in 924? Glad to hear about the Yak!
                  Definitely Smoot in 924, I?ve not seen John. Looks like Jean departed with everyone in Sweet Mary Lou and went home-

Comment

This morning (Friday) at Stead. Still a few out there.
                    Attached Files
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Okay sports fans here is a brief update.

IF1 They had 3 new pilots, one of whom started crewing for "Monkey Ninja" last year and had so much fun he went out and bought "Feisty" The Previous owner of Monkey Ninja sold it and bought the well known race 45 "Quad Nickel" There was a 4th IF1 new racer as well, but I'll have to check my pics for the number. Highlight of the week, Lawell Slatter giving rookie rides around the IF1 course in his beautiful Meyers 200. I've got some cool shots of that.

Bipes, I know exactly zero, but there was an incident on Monday where one ground looped and ended up broken.

Sport: Sport had a large field, and I think everyone qualified. Got some great shots of these guys.

T6: Holy T6 sessions Batman... They used ALL the allotted time for every day they were up. I've got so many T6 shots I could write a book.

Jets: I think everyone qualified

Unlimiteds: Well, let the games begin. All qualified. I saw Dusty, Little John, RT Dickson, Scotty, Gene. I did not see Jim Rust, but I'm told he was there. Now we have a mystery. Some guy by the name of Skip. I don't have a last name, don't now what he flies, but apparently he is going to be there in September.

The unlimiteds ran very limited time on course. Little John, RT, and Scotty looked really good coming down the valley of speed (I was on p7) and oh boy does that Yak look and sound good. Scotty flies a very low, tight line and he only brought the power up a bit on one lap. He up and left RT like he was tied to a pylon. I'll bet he was 350+ down the valley of speed. RT was the only one who flew today. Last night he was thinking he wasn't going to come out in September, but after having the course all to himself today, he came in and made the comment " I have a new addiction..." It sounded like he has changed his mind for September and will be here. That said, he has no crew, and the plane is bone stock. It sort of sounds like he'd like to add spray bars at least. He does fly a nice low line as well.

Now for the interesting news... Rumors of a Smooter Scooter revival are real. Apparently John Moore wants to go win this year and Sherm Smoot may or may not be flying it. The other name associated with the rumor is Stevo. I overheard Sherm talking about this in person.

This concludes your update, I need some food and a shower, then sleep. I have some pics done, they are on the other computer, will try and get some up after dinner.

Will

Comment

Working...
                      X