No announcement yet.

Hello folks...Finland is joining NATO !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello folks...Finland is joining NATO !

Long time no see..as they say.

I have been working on a set of vertical axis wind turbine blades.

A bit like a racer's wing ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	281571825_10224406589583852_7546949907023767788_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	242788

I hope you are all doing well.
    Last edited by Jukka; 05-19-2022, 11:04 AM.

Re: Hello folks...Finland is joining NATO !

Interesting. Do you have a sketch of what it's final form will look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Jukka View Post
      Long time no see..as they say.

I have been working on a set of vertical axis wind turbine blades.

A bit like a racer's wing ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26514[/ATTACH]

I hope you are all doing well.
      That Looks like a RC Model Airplane Pattern airplanes wing. I used to Fly In Senior Pattern Events, Sportsman, Advanced classes and one time expert. Lots of fun, but it made me nervous with those Judges behind me while I was trying to fly those rockets. LOL

Mark
      Last edited by marke; 11-13-2022, 03:10 AM.
      Mark G. Ehlers

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
        Interesting. Do you have a sketch of what it's final form will look like?

I am doing a new tripod tower for it.

It is promissing...here with new wing tips.
        Attached Files

Comment

Due to winter this has not advanced into further testing.

I cannot attach it into the solid frozen ground here.

In the meanwhile I have been sketching the Part 103 legal electric aircraft.

-----

Anyone notissed there is a war in Ukraine ?

Turkey is holding back our member ship in NATO.

Russias foreign minister has threatened Finland with consequences if we join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

I wonder if the folks here have to belt their washing machines deeper into concrete......
          Last edited by Jukka; 01-22-2023, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Due to winter this has not advanced into further testing.

I cannot attach it into the solid frozen ground here.

In the meanwhile I have been sketching the Part 103 legal electric aircraft.

-----

Anyone notissed there is a war in Ukraine ?

Turkey is holding back our member ship in NATO.

Russias foreign minister has threatened Finland with consequences if we join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

I wonder if the folks here have to belt their washing machines deeper into concrete......
            Hi Juke,

Always glad to see your posts here.

Yes, many threats from Putin, not so many actions other than invading Ukraine. He'd be a fool (again) to invade Finland.

Let's see your electric ultralight.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
              Hi Juke,

Always glad to see your posts here.

Yes, many threats from Putin, not so many actions other than invading Ukraine. He'd be a fool (again) to invade Finland.

Let's see your electric ultralight.
              Hi FlyKidChris !

It is a bit of a trade secret still. I have a basement/ cellar with all the tooling so I will make a bigger model first. At present it is spanning 9,5 meters. It is not traditional looking......some of my themes implemented...in a fast ship.

I don't like politics, but I somehow feel Putin has gone nuts. Trying to claim the borders of Catherine the Great imperium.
              Last edited by Jukka; 01-24-2023, 09:05 AM.

Comment

awesome
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                  awesome
                  Yes it is comforting for everybody here to know that if the "bear" goes more nuts we might get some help.

Anyway thanks for having the board back online.

Comment

Yes it is comforting for everybody here to know that if the "bear" goes more nuts we might get some help.

Anyway thanks for having the board back online.
                    Unfortunate that some people here feel that Russia isn't "our" problem.. it very much is the world's problem!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well....Peter the "great" wanted to extent the border of Russia into the Atlantic ocean. They have also openly expressed that they want Alaska back. If Russia gets easily a huge piece of Ukraine it also excites the Chinese to try taking Taiwan.

It is really silly...as Ukraine never was a threat to Russia nor Taiwan is to China.

I checked that Russia conquered the polish-ukrainian areas during the Catherine the Great era...in 5-7 year period...like in 1785-1792.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification_of_Ukraine

See how huge Lithuania used to be 1387:

Last edited by Jukka; 05-27-2023, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• AAFO_WSagar
                        AAFO_WSagar commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We, the free thinking people of MOST of the world, have to stop Putin before he kills more people who do not want to be ruled by him!

He want to make Russia back to the Soviet Union with Russia dominating many free thinking people who do not want anything to do with Russi! Times have moved on.. People do NOT want to be ruled, particularly when they've been exposed to democracy, free markets FREE THINKING.. etc, etc!

Any American who does not "get" that WWIII is being fought in Ukraine and will extend beyond that if Putin gets his way!

It IS our fight! Glad you guyz are in! Now we need to get Ukraine in! After all, we, the US government signed a treaty with Russia whereby Ukraine gave up their nukes with the promise that WE WOULD PROTECT them from the RUSSIANS! Absolutely galls me what Putin is doing to them! And you if they could!

I am back too...some health problems, but nothing serious. I think I got anti-immune reaction to covid19 3rd vaccine.

I also had food poisoning and covid a week apart. Day before yesterday had teeth fixed again at dentist.

Only cholesterol is slightly up.

-------

I have been working on my fifth prototype test model of my innovation in a H-Darrieus type wind turbine.

I have been compressing the wood again to make it tougher....and was able to make a thinner moment arm...almost 50% thinner and fully aerodynamic now.
                      Blades will be thinner and longer and more narrow...to get some aspect ratio to them. Test stand is of 3 x 3 logs to get it sturdy. Also electrical wires are thicker and load is higher.

With all these mods I hope to be able to make a successful new test season soon.

Only if I am able to get all these running as a business might I be able to make a racer.

fast
                      Last edited by Jukka; 03-15-2024, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X