PA-48 Enforcers' Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA-48 Enforcers' Prop

I've wondered for a while about the prop that I see in pictures on the Piper Enforcer--Piper's propjet P-51 that I think was competing with the A-10 back in the day--not sure about that. It has an interesting prop on it that looks rather imposing. Those of you that would know a whole lot better than I--would a prop like that work for a racing P-51? It certainly looks wider than anything on a P-51 right now--no clue what the dimensions are to it. It seems like other than rounding the tips like Voodoo and Strega there hasn't been a lot of other prop developments on racing P-51's. Thanks for your thoughts!

Re: PA-48 Enforcers' Prop

remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

4-bladed Aeroproducts propeller, 11 ft 6 in (3.51 m) diameter

Comment

Cut down Skyraider prop. its a shame to put that outside.

Comment

According to Wiki, there?s one at Pima Air Museum. The background looks right. I was there last month, but one of our party couldn’t t walk any farther. We missed it. I?ll have to go back and check out that end of the museum.

Comment

Originally posted by miker98038 View Post
            According to Wiki, there?s one at Pima Air Museum. The background looks right. I was there last month, but one of our party couldn?t t walk any farther. We missed it. I?ll have to go back and check out that end of the museum.
            Pima got the one that was at the NMUSAF. The other airframe is at Edwards.

Comment

Originally posted by miker98038 View Post
              According to Wiki, there?s one at Pima Air Museum. The background looks right. I was there last month, but one of our party couldn?t t walk any farther. We missed it. I?ll have to go back and check out that end of the museum.
              Yes , 100 percent that is Pima.

Comment

Here's the KEDW bird...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0100.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	232045Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0102.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	232046
                Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Working...
                X