Any one in the know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one in the know?

Just curious if anyone in the Northwest can confirm the hub-bub I read a week ago about Paul Allen's collection possibly being sold to Sam Walton's grandson in Arkansas? I have a lot of fond memories from my first time there seeing the flight displays many moons ago.

Thanks in advance.
    John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Re: Any one in the know?

Originally posted by ArmyMP View Post
    Just curious if anyone in the Northwest can confirm the hub-bub I read a week ago about Paul Allen's collection possibly being sold to Sam Walton's grandson in Arkansas? I have a lot of fond memories from my first time there seeing the flight displays many moons ago.

Thanks in advance.
    This is correct, here is a video confirming:
    Sadly, Paul Allen's legendary collection was closed in early 2020 by Vulcan, Inc. and Paul's Sister, Jody Allen, and was sold to a single buyer in April 2022...

Comment

There is a MIG-29 in a hanger @ the St. George airport being worked on & it was to have come from the Paul Allen collection? Any info on this?
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
        There is a MIG-29 in a hanger @ the St. George airport being worked on & it was to have come from the Paul Allen collection? Any info on this?
        Jared Isaacman bought it, here is a link:

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
          This is correct, here is a video confirming:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqcwEVjLs2I
          Thank you! Hopefully it will come to NW Arkansas. That will bring it closer to me again and I can take my Grandson to experience it all.
          John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Working...
          X