NA T-28's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA T-28's

Does anyone know if the T-28 group would be interested in racing again? They made a lot of noise & seemed to be a fun bunch of pilots.
    Lockheed Bob

Re: NA T-28's

I'd love to see that!

This next episode in the weekly postings for Reno Air Racing fans features a class of racing airplanes not part of the current roster at this time, the T-28'...

Comment

YES! Bring back the T-28's.

Comment

It would be cool to see the T28s back.

Will

Comment

Every time I see a T-28 I think of Bill Jones.

Comment

LOVE it!! Sort of a Super-T-6 class. Race 'em if ya got 'em

Comment

When the T-28's appeared for the one year as an "exhibition" class the racers and crews were treated with total disrespect by the management of RARA (at that time). Watching Lud Corrao pace the start with his Skyraider was a feast for the eyes and ears. They were told they would not be invited back because they were boring and there were already "too many races"!

My...how times have changed. Perhaps the current RARA management could revisit it. Watch the YouTube video link to see if they were "boring"

Marc aka "Bigfoot"
              Last edited by Bigfoot; 04-17-2022, 06:56 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

It would be great to see T-28's running the pylons! Seems like a fantastic idea to me and there must be a load of T-28 drivers out there that would jump at the chance.

Comment

The only problems I had with them was they flew too close together and were all yellow....
                  All kidding aside those were also what i liked, so bring em back!
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                    Watching Lud Corrao pace the start with his Skyraider was a feast for the eyes and ears.
                    I didn't realise they used a Spad as a paceplane, that's so cool!
                    Zac in NZ

Comment

Working...
                    X