Maxine Carlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxine Carlin

well, I don't like doing this but i got the news today that Maxine Carlin passed away
    a few weeks ago, she was a pylon judge and also a phographer back in the 80"
    I will miss her a lot my condolences to her family

Re: Maxine Carlin

Shawn, you beat me to it. I was trying to come up with an eloquent way to break the news.

I'll will miss talking to Maxine at pylon 2, and online. I met her one day when she stopped at the restaurant at my work. I didn't know who she was, just that her license plate read "AIRRACY" and she had a bunch of Reno stickers on her rear window. Hmmm who is this person, so I sat and waited till she came out to her car and I introduced myself. At the time I didn't realize that she was a well known photographer who had many Reno pics published. We got to talking and she encouraged me to try and get credentials to shoot from the pylons. Over the years she became a valued mentor and friend. I will miss talking photography, air racing and air racing photography with her.

I'm not one to dwell on the death of someone I know. This one has me feeling sad.

Rest in Peace Maxine.

Will

Comment

Re: Maxine Carlin

Blue Skies Maxine. She was one of a kind & a True Race Fan over the years.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
      X