Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sounds like there is some trash talking happening in the Unlimited world...

Default Re: Sounds like there is some trash talking happening in the Unlimited world...

Well stated Dusty & thanks for showing up. You are right about qualifying really says what the plane can do vrs racing.
    Lockheed Bob

Default Re: Sounds like there is some trash talking happening in the Unlimited world...

Speaking of sport class racers taking part in the unlimited class, can't forget Vickie Benzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reever View Post
    Speaking of sport class racers taking part in the unlimited class, can't forget Vickie Benzing.
    True, but I don't think her Mustang will be ready to fly by Reno this year. I do look forward to her racing it next year. id guess there is a chance she could race this year, but she will need to do PRS before she can.

I think lots of questions will be answered in June.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    I don't think Tiger is going to bring Strega out just yet. Give it 5 years. That said, we do have a pair of wildcards in Jim Rust and Jeff Lavelle. Jim just took his bird to Chino, and from what I can tell, Jeffs bird has been there since last year. We could see Jeff's plane looking quite different, or looking much the same, but with a RR3 type setup. Who knows. We also have Miss A. We don't know if they will be back or not, nor do we know if they will have a hot(er) engine.

I don't think any of the Yaks will beat Miss A or Dreadnought, but, we could have one hell of a race for 3rd. And, like I said, we don't know what Jeff's bird is looking like. I don't think there is enough time for Jim's plane to see serious mods, but we might see something. Heck, they might have been working on stuff for quite a while in order to have everything ready for a fast swap. Who knows? He's going to have to do PRS, so unless he's in a borrowed plane while his is at Chino being worked on, so there really isn't a whole lot of time to do anything major.

I think there is a very good chance that the Yaks will be in front of 924 and Argo.

Will
    Aren't we forgetting Sawbones? I thought I read where they weren't able to be at Reno last year but were planning on being there this year--or has that since changed?

True, but I don't think her Mustang will be ready to fly by Reno this year. I do look forward to her racing it next year. id guess there is a chance she could race this year, but she will need to do PRS before she can.

I think lots of questions will be answered in June.

Will
    She did PRS last year.

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

I've got one more project at RENO and it's Mic Drop!
    Hoping this is what I think it is, exciting if so, even if it's the last hurrah. Give it your all Wayne.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '21

I don't want to spread any rumors here, but apparently Curt Brown ticked off the rest of the team, and the owner injured his hand and can't fly it now either. There was some speculation that Sawbones would be up for sale in the near future, but that was back in Sept, and apparently nothing has happened on that front. It would be great to get them back out, but I think they are a giant wildcard at this time. I was also told that the damage from the canopy still hadn't been fixed as of last September either.

Anything is possible, I'd love to see them on the ramp in Sept.

Will
    I actually just got off the phone with Curt.. there's more to this than you know... all I am going to say.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    Aren't we forgetting Sawbones? I thought I read where they weren't able to be at Reno last year but were planning on being there this year--or has that since changed?
    Actually I just got off the phone with Curt Brown, Sawbones will not be at RENO 22.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"