Bud Light Corsair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bud Light Corsair

Latest Painting. Not a great scan Printer needs some work) for this but merchandise is great!
    Currently working on Czech Mate, Then Miss America, Miss Ashley II, Tipsy Miss and Cobra II

Leo Smiley Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    Vintage Air Racer merchandise available Under Leo Smiley Aviation Art at:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/thetreasuredpeacock
    Attached Files
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Re: Bud Light Corsair

Originally posted by Leo View Post
    Latest Painting. Not a great scan Printer needs some work) for this but merchandise is great!
    Currently working on Czech Mate, Then Miss America, Miss Ashley II, Tipsy Miss and Cobra II

airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    That's very nice work. It was a great looking air racer and a champion at one point. I'd love to see your interpretation of MAII, I still think that was one of the best looking unlimited racers, of course there are others. Have you thought about doing Critical Mass? Some airplanes just look fast sitting on the ground.

Comment

CM is on my list. Have to get some old pics of mine out of mothballs to find one of her. With the exception of Cobra and several of the older racers I intend on doing I only work from my own photos.
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

I think that's gorgeous and, like knot4u, I'd love to see MAII get the same treatment. Beautiful work!
        Zac in NZ

Comment

Who owned the Bud Light Corsair? Did this airplane have the potential to be a 500mph racer? Was their ever talk of going after the 3km speed record?

Comment

I think I can answer one question. I think the Planes Of Fame Museum owned the Super Corsair.

Comment

According to what the stats show (I research them and they go on the cups and such that the images go on) she was at least 50-75 mph too slow to really compete with the super stangs. She could give Dreadnaught a run (and did in 85) but never a 500 mph racer.
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

You have to put it in perspective, when it was originally built in the early 1980s the unlimited class was topping out at 450, not 500. So it was a pretty competitive in it's early days.

It's a great story how it came together, I'm not sure if grassroots is the right term but it sure feels that way when you read about it. Basket case airframe with a bunch of people pitching in to make it work.

Comment

You have to put it in perspective, when it was originally built in the early 1980s the unlimited class was topping out at 450, not 500. So it was a pretty competitive in it's early days.
                  Exactly. I am not sure a Corsair could go the speeds needed in the last few years of the really fast racers no matter what you did to it. Now, with the faster racer being Dread, it could probably show again, but alas...
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Exactly. I am not sure a Corsair could go the speeds needed in the last few years of the really fast racers no matter what you did to it. Now, with the faster racer being Dread, it could probably show again, but alas...
                    Yeah the only thing would be to design a new wing for it which is obviously not economical.

Kind of crazy to think that if it were still around today it would be a threat to win again.

Comment

It's an odd conundrum. The really fast racers are always aesthetically pleasing, but the really aesthetically pleasing racers aren't always fast.

Comment

airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        Beautiful Leo, sad day watching it go down, Thanks, KC

Comment

Working...
                        X