Charlene Aro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlene Aro

I hope I'm not out of line here, I just have not seen Shawn post anything on AAFO yet. But for those who have not heard, long-time Reno photographer and one of the original NAG members, Charlene Aro passed away yesterday.

I'm sure more info will be forthcoming. Condolences to Shawn and Colin.

Re: Charlene Aro

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
    I hope I'm not out of line here, I just have not seen Shawn post anything on AAFO yet. But for those who have not heard, long-time Reno photographer and one of the original NAG members, Charlene Aro passed away yesterday.

I'm sure more info will be forthcoming. Condolences to Shawn and Colin.
    I doubt Shawn would mind, I'm sure he's very busy and...

Very sad and a great loss to the visual and historical archival historians of the sport. Many MANY memorable photos from that person, Shawn is a good example of it being in the Genes LOL!

Blue Skies Charlene
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm so very sorry to read that, what awful news to end the year on. Great angles and clean lenses, Charlene.
      Zac in NZ

Comment

Thoughts & prayers to all who knew Charlene Aro. Shawn you have followed in her footsteps.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Sorry to hear that, clear chocks. Have a safe trip Charlene. Great pictures!
          John Slack

Comment

I am sorry I tried to write something but i messed up thank you for this post

Shawn

Comment

So sorry Shawn. 2021 was a bad year for losses.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this, for many reasons. I've known the Aro family for 45 years. Chuck/Charlene was one of the people I always looked forward to seeing at Reno. Along with her fine photography Charlene was a tireless quiet supporter of and publicist for our sport. She was an early member of what became NAG and every year sent out press releases and photos to all the local Bay Area news outlets and constantly tried to get local papers to provide some coverage of the races. We will miss her.

Our condolences and best wishes to Shawn and Colin...

Neal and Birgitta

Comment

Working...
                X