Separate Racing from Airshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Separate Racing from Airshow

I've been involved removing and reinstalling the wing on a few Lears, it's a lot of tedious work but it's not that hard if you have the right equipment. If I recall correctly I think there are 8 main structural bolts that attach the fuselage to the wing (I'm not counting the keel beam because it gets installed after the wing). So it begs the question, would the T-33 or P-51 wing be modified or would the Lear fuselage be modified? And what about that keel beam?

Comment

I had to go look for it, but Johnny Boy....look what I found. Not quite Tsunami-on-a-napkin...but at least in the spirit of it when it was still in the 'huh...I wonder' stage.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
        I had to go look for it, but Johnny Boy....look what I found. Not quite Tsunami-on-a-napkin...but at least in the spirit of it when it was still in the 'huh...I wonder' stage.
        Big Jim,
        Glad you kept the blueprint.

Just in case.....hmmm, maybe Allison engines....less to carry.
        John Slack

Comment

That's a pretty fascinating concept!

Do you by chance have any further blueprints/drawings that you can share?

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
            That's a pretty fascinating concept!

Do you by chance have any further blueprints/drawings that you can share?
            And we now know Connor's next kit bash model build. hahaha.

I think we have veered off course from the original topic. I'd say the Lear Solution might make for an entertaining thread of its own. Who's game to make it so?

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
              And we now know Connor's next kit bash model build. hahaha.

I think we have veered off course from the original topic. I'd say the Lear Solution might make for an entertaining thread of its own. Who's game to make it so?

Will
              Why not a thread about "American Spirit"? It made it off the page and was actually being built, there's a picture of it here somewhere on this forum.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0540.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	231991
              Last edited by knot4u; 01-06-2022, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
                Why not a thread about "American Spirit"? It made it off the page and was actually being built, there's a picture of it here somewhere on this forum.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]26439[/ATTACH]
                Great, lets get an American Spirit thread going. I'm just trying to get the thread back on track.

Will

Comment

So it seems that Owen is going to be the new Air Boss over the whole event now. We'll see how this goes.......

Comment

Originally posted by CubersWrist
                    I?m sorry you aren?t feeling well. I will refrain from responding further for the evening.

Wishing you better health and praying for a restful night?s sleep
                    Returning you to our irregularly irregular programming..

I should have never joined in and commented on Owen, my bad! I'd like to delete this part of the thread if nobody objects.
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Great Answer Wayne. Hang in there. We all make comments we should not have so you are not alone. You are the only place where us Air Race nuts can gather & vent, talk & show photos. We are not always nice but we are human. Keep this forum going & Owen please come back. We really need your insight on how RARA operates. I hope to be in Reno for my 90th birthday.
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

On one hand I like the idea of not wasting filler time on airshow events. On the other hand I also like/need to take time out of the stands for food, outhouse, pits, vendors and just stretching my legs/getting off my backside without having to miss the racing.

Comment

Working...
                        X