Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bear is headed south

From Ezell Aviation facebook page:

Headed south out of Breckenridge, no further info.

18K views, 293 likes, 36 loves, 37 comments, 94 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Ezell Aviation: Be watching Texas... she’s headed South!

Re: The bear is headed south

This link is useless! ?.i don?t drink that kool-aid!
    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

And it looks like the big 3-blade paddle-prop is also on the trailer...

Comment

Ezell did confirm it's going to Rod's specifically. The talk has been does that mean Rod's hangar, Rod's ranch, Rod's hangar and then the ranch? (For a speedrun of course). Nobody seems to have proof if anything was done in Breck, and there are no visible signs of change to the airframe in the photos today.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
          And it looks like the big 3-blade paddle-prop is also on the trailer...
          No, that's the four blade Aeroproducts prop. Using an ellipse is considered bad form online when making a proclamation. But, you be you.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
            No, that's the four blade Aeroproducts prop. Using an ellipse is considered bad form online when making a proclamation. But, you be you.
            The 3 blade is on trailer too. Here's a screen grab from the video. Click image for larger version

Name:	3 blade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	477.4 KB
ID:	231980

Comment

HA! Well notice I said "looks like", which is not quite a proclamation. And yes... the 4-blade Aeroproducts prop is on the trailer. For clarity, here is the picture I saw... which does *seem* to also show the 3-blade lower down in front of the Bear:

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
                HA! Well notice I said "looks like", which is not quite a proclamation. And yes... the 4-blade Aeroproducts prop is on the trailer. For clarity, here is the picture I saw... which does *seem* to also show the 3-blade lower down in front of the Bear:

Cool, you win.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice to hear she will fly again? The idea of a record run is an intoxicating one...

Originally posted by SpinB View Post
                  This link is useless! ?.i don?t drink that kool-aid!
                  Unfortunately I can't find a way to embed the video (any ideas, Wayne?) but it's a 9sec video taken on the side of a road as the Bear goes by on a truck, accompanied by pilot vehicles. The photo Rich H shared is far better than the glimpse you get in the video.
                  Last edited by ZacYates; 12-15-2021, 06:14 PM.
                  Zac in NZ

Comment

As a former member of the Rare Bear crew I feel the urge to weigh in. I was there as part of crew number 4 or 5 or... Before Rod owned the Bear. In 1992 when the plane was trucked from Reno to Van Nuys it was carefully covered to protect the air frame, canopy, etc. from rocks and other road debris. When it was trucked from Reno to Texas a few years ago and now the plane is "naked". Nothing to protect the canopy, the sheet metal, etc. Seriously? WTF?

Marc
                    aka "BigFoot"

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                      As a former member of the Rare Bear crew I feel the urge to weigh in. I was there as part of crew number 4 or 5 or... Before Rod owned the Bear. In 1992 when the plane was trucked from Reno to Van Nuys it was carefully covered to protect the air frame, canopy, etc. from rocks and other road debris. When it was trucked from Reno to Texas a few years ago and now the plane is "naked". Nothing to protect the canopy, the sheet metal, etc. Seriously? WTF?

Marc
                      aka "BigFoot"
                      Have you figured out how to have a steady foot on the throttle when you drive? I recall almost getting sea-sick in the back seat of some vehicle you were driving one night. I hope you know I'm just kidding when I bring it up and I'm also hoping you remember it. As far as the Bearcat being "naked" I only saw it once. Back in the early '90s through some some sort of subterfuge or nefariousness we managed to push the airplane into a wharehouse adjacent to the airport close to our hangar with a bunch of lights and Tom Beardsley layed down a pure white coat of paint. It was "naked" and beautiful. Then he added the gold and the purple stripes and it looked great, but the image of that thing sitting there in the middle of the night in some building we weren't supposed to be in with just white paint under the lights sticks with me. Sound familiar?
                      Last edited by knot4u; 12-15-2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Let?s play the game and assume their going to make a record run. Who?s flying?

This would be so awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
                          Let?s play the game and assume their going to make a record run. Who?s flying?

This would be so awesome.
                          If you're going to ask a question like that you should at least give your opinion or thoughts. What about Andy Findlay or Tom Dwelle Jr? I don't know either of them but we're just speculating. What if Steve H Jr jumped into the Bearcat? That would certainly excite a lot of people.

Comment

If you're going to ask a question like that you should at least give your opinion or thoughts. What about Andy Findlay or Tom Dwelle Jr? I don't know either of them but we're just speculating. What if Steve H Jr jumped into the Bearcat? That would certainly excite a lot of people.
                            Good game, I think Hinton Jr would probably be an easy choice for driving. Bigger question, whom would you hire to crew chief it? Knowing it's probably going to take a year and multiple flights with subsequent fixes/mods to get it figured out/ dialled in.

Comment

Originally posted by mdwflyer View Post
                              Good game, I think Hinton Jr would probably be an easy choice for driving. Bigger question, whom would you hire to crew chief it? Knowing it's probably going to take a year and multiple flights with subsequent fixes/mods to get it figured out/ dialled in.
                              That's a pretty big question. I'd guess the bigger question would be about continuing to move forward with what has been happening or go back to when it was faster?
                              Fantasy league? John Slack and Steve Hinton Jr are both involved, Steve might be the crew chief and he'd let someone else fly it. I don't know who you put in that seat.
                              Last edited by knot4u; 12-15-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X