How I spent my Saturday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I spent my Saturday Morning

Miss America Has been at Stead since the races. Headed home this morning at o-dark-thirty.
    Attached Files
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Re: How I spent my Saturday Morning

I didn't realize it was a 2 seat airplane. Who was in the back?
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

The crewmember that helped him launch. I didn't get a name.
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Nice find. Did they mention why it was there still?

Will

Comment

I was told they had put a ferry engine in it after the races and waiting for schedules, weather, etc.

Whenever I have gone out for a launch, I find it usually takes longer than expected, with issues to deal with and sometimes no launch at all.
          Still fun!
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Good stuff, Leo!

Thanks for being our eyes and ears out there.

Well done sir...
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Thank you Sir for posting this, very nice to see.

Comment

Hear hear, very atmospheric shots.
                Zac in NZ

Comment

WOW... Just WOW! I even interviewed Doc and didn't know the airplane was still at stead... He was not kidding that he had everything forward on Sunday, no holds barred!

Leo... just spectacular that you were there and captured the moment so well and shared it HERE!!!!!!

Pretty darn special if you ask me having you guys (I guess Doggie is pissed at me) down there keeping the rest of us feeling just a little bit, like we live down there too!

Always appreciated!!

Thanks Leo!!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank you Leo -- quite a cool and unexpected set of pictures!

Hey Wayne -- is Desert Dawg gone forever? He has for some time been a pillar of support for your website. I'm not sure we'd still have the site without Dawg! Why would he be pissed at you?? AAFO is in more trouble than ever if you're still pissing off your biggest supporters...

If he is indeed gone forever I'd just like to say Thanks Dawg for all the stuff you've done to support this place. You'll be missed!

Neal

Comment

Awsm - Leo, yes, thank you. Most likely Scott or Greg Butler in the rear (care-takers of the awesome Okl. Museum Doc. & Team have)...
                      Oklahoma museum of flying, Bethany, Oklahoma. 1,274 likes · 1 talking about this · 65 were here. The official home of Miss America and Super Rabbit

Again - thank you and thanks Doc. (Wayner's interview was awsm) for all you are doing!

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                        Thank you Leo -- quite a cool and unexpected set of pictures!

Hey Wayne -- is Desert Dawg gone forever? He has for some time been a pillar of support for your website. I'm not sure we'd still have the site without Dawg! Why would he be pissed at you?? AAFO is in more trouble than ever if you're still pissing off your biggest supporters...

If he is indeed gone forever I'd just like to say Thanks Dawg for all the stuff you've done to support this place. You'll be missed!

Neal
                        You know Neal, I don't know the answer to that. I know he stopped posting when we had the pissing contest over me bringing the Miss A "rumor" from FB.. I vented in a general direction in one post not intending to directly aim at Dawg.. I PM'd him and told him that it was not directed at him... no response.

As for the site being in trouble.. so be it!

I truly appreciate what Dawg brings to the site and would love to have him here should he wish to do so. I didn't make it public knowledge but I was able to get Dawg my abandoned pylon pass, which he declined due to family commitments, I truly thought he deserved it and wanted to see what he'd come up with.

I'll admit that thread got ugly but, I think it relevant that traffic and posting at the board has increased significantly since I made the connection between FB and here.

I do not want to revisit the argument whether it was a bad thing to do...

Dawg, if you read this, I make a public apology for hurting you with my anger in response to the argument about all this.

Your work is obviously appreciated RARA does not approve just anyone for pylon access, they are aware and appreciate the attention you bring throughout the year to the event. Please come back!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                        X