Why Are There No Rare Bear Clones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Are There No Rare Bear Clones?

It's a shame the "before it was Rare Bear" thread died. Here's the Racer's return with the new name.

This was Wednesday of Reno 1980 -- the Bear's arrival. It caused quite a stir on the ramp, as well as in the pits...

Neal
    Attached Files

Comment

Then again, here may be some reasons for no clones. This might be difficult to duplicate...
      Attached Files

Comment

shawn Aro
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          It's a shame the "before it was Rare Bear" thread died. Here's the Racer's return with the new name.

This was Wednesday of Reno 1980 -- the Bear's arrival. It caused quite a stir on the ramp, as well as in the pits...

Neal
          Thank you, thank you, thank you, Neal for that photo. My first Reno was 1980 and that's how I like to remember "The Bear."

Also, many thanks to John Slack for his comments on this thread.

Comment

Neal
            Quite a stir. LOL There's a funny story that goes with that....something to do with John Slack and Chris Wood in a pickup truck very inconspicuously "waiting", trying not to draw attention to themselves in case Lyle didn't make it up on the trip from Van Nuys...because they weren't too sure how the 'new' engine and airplane would hold together on it's first time out of the KVNY pattern in over 4 years.

Comment

I haven't checked, but that's probably in the threads John deleted in a fit of anger a while back. His account is hilarious and says a lot about big time air racing.

I wonder who he was mad at...
              Attached Files

Comment

I wonder who he was mad at...
                My guess is that the guy sitting in the cockpit told him he needed to get a haircut. :-)

Comment

big time air racing.
                  That's how Ralph used to refer to it. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but the older I get, the more perspective between 'then' and 'now' I get, the more humor I find in that.

Comment

Before it was Rare Bear

Found it and stuck it...
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi -

Jack Sliker was making modifications on the #4 Escape II. Does anybody know what his plan was or where he was heading with the work he was doing.

EvoDave

Comment

Working...
                      X