Hey Wayne...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Wayne...

Again, appreciate the keep it clean advice.. I've been the housekeeper for a while now. It's one of the things that stresses her!

I do the work, she feels guilty and stresses about it...

She's my baby, it's just what you do, right?

You make things right..

Again, Doc says take her to Vegas and so we shall! I've got all the parts primary and secondary Allison 3000 transmission filters, 29 (yes reading that right) quarts of Allison Transmission approved synthetic oil.. @ $50. per gallon... ugh! No wonder Freightliner charges over 700 bux for the service.. in parts alone filters/fluid we're over 4 hun.....

She's staying at her sister and brother in law's house just north of Seattle for a couple days to ensure she's stabilized we don't want to bring her directly here to no critical care land!!

Then as I said... Doctors say get her to Vegas!!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

In the end, I think it will be a good thing, slapped me upside the face with her needs!!!!! Not that I've ignored them! There are just ones that I didn't really know about..

I would change her diapers without complaint if it got to that (heaven forbid for her sake) but damn, the reality of getting old is, well... pretty real! It never stops.. years go by faster.. weeks even faster..

We've both pledged to have as much fun as we can while we're able!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

UPDATE: Just went up and got Linda, she spent two days in Seattle with her sister and brother in law.. perfect! They were 18 minutes from her hospital...

Banged up and bruised from all the needles and such, I got my baby home!!!

Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Outstanding!

Take good care you two!
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Great news. Take care both of you'
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

<<< It never stops.. years go by faster.. weeks even faster.. >>>

My grandfather used to say that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you are to the end, the faster it goes.
              Feel Better!
              TJ

Comment

Continued Prayers - Wayne - is Linda getting better...it has been a while...hope so : )

Comment

Originally posted by mitchcarley View Post
                  Continued Prayers - Wayne - is Linda getting better...it has been a while...hope so : )
                  Hey Mitch, Love you buddy! Thanks for the concern!!!! Although I tried to talk her out of it, her doctors thought that the stress she was feeling over needing to be down in Las Vegas to complete a real estate transaction (she keeps a condo down there/here, now that we're here) and she's selling it...

Anyway, long story short, she's selling/buying another unit...

Shorter version LOL... her doctors, according to her, cleared her for the motorhome trip down.. she's been fine, only a few light headed sessions.. I can't keep her down man!! Her real estate business/hobby is her passion, unfortunately, she lets it stress her out too much!!

Anyway even shorter version...

Las Vegas... here we are in a Thousand Trails camp next to Boulder Station for 14 days.. walk through inspection today.

Hard to believe just over two weeks ago, she was getting paddled in the ER and flown to a cardiac ICU!!!

She's a frickin dynamo man!

(world's worst navigator BTW... I could write a book!! LOL )

She's FINE buddy!!!!!!! When you gonna come visit us in Oregon??
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

We are going to big city cardiologist tomorrow AM.. She is ALWAYS so upbeat, it is hard for me to tell just where her situation is sometimes!

Whatever... Whatever!!

BN is the sweetest woman in the world, I think that bringing her to Vegas, where we have an advanced hospital seconds from advanced cardiac care, where the climate does not aggravate her arthritis might help the situation.

She has some very dear old friends who have retired down here.. hopefully, the new neighborhood and the contact with old friends will help her destress and let her heart heal!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
                      I love you and Linda!
                      Blessings to you two - as bad as it is - this sounds like a solid-plan and wonderful. Stay safe and best wishes from us in Austin and all the AAFO'ers.
                      Prayers )

Comment

Saw new Cardio Doc today, VERY encouraging!!!!! I'm not sure how they do the terminology but what Linda had was called "heart failure" rather than "heart attack" I'd have thought they were one in the same but not so I guess.

Doctor feels her heart will heal, she has to walk a half hour a day, having her new place down here with the lovely weather will be good for her!!

Thank you so much to all for your concern and well wishes!

I was not ready to face life without this woman!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne -- Birgitta went through a similar sounding series of events a year and a half ago. Her "attack" happened a couple of hours walk out in the back country -- led to a big search and rescue operation, an airevac by King Air to a major heart center many highway hours from here, and an angiogram preceded by a bunch of questions about whether she wanted to be resuscitated if things went bad in the operating room. She had all the markers of a big heart attack -- all the enzymes and biochemical markers of heart damage that scare the bejesus out of heart doctors.

So she had the big test, and woke up to the news that she was basically fine, had the heart of a 45 year old athlete, and she was to be discharged immediately! This was difficult as she was 7 hours away from home, with no money, no credit cards, and no ID at all (remember she was out hiking when the "attack" happened!).

Turns out it was most likely a thing (event) called "Takatsubo Cardiomyopathy", with the common name "broken heart syndrome". There are numerous references to this thing on the web. It absolutely can kill you, but if it does not then recovery is quick and usually without issues.

This thing has always been quite rare, but has greatly increased (especially among women, though a guy in our neighborhood got the same plane ride etc a while back) since the pandemic has increased societal stress levels so much.

In Birgitta's case recovery has been remarkable and remarkably quick -- she was hiking again within a couple of weeks. She was quite careful, but felt that daily exercise was absolutely the ticket to full recovery.

Just thought I'd mention this, as there seem from this distance to be some remarkable parallels with Linda's experience.

Neal
                          Last edited by wingman; 11-08-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                            Turns out it was most likely a thing (event) called "Takatsubo Cardiomyopathy", with the common name "broken heart syndrome". There are numerous references to this thing on the web. It absolutely can kill you, but if it does not then recovery is quick and usually without issues.
                            Absolutely what we're hearing! Her heart was beating EXTEMELY fast, and her blood pressure was EXTREMELY low!

The blessing in all of this is that there just happened to be a vacation unit renter who was leaving as she was attempting to drive herself to the hospital which is literally seconds down the road.. She could not make her car, threw up and the rest, I think I've already shared..

Despite our spats at times Neal, you know we're joined at the hip ey' LOL by edit> Joined at the hip as far as the wonderful women whom we are blessed to have in our lives!

Would love to relive all the past experiences but looking forward to as many as are left!!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I had a typically longwinded response to let you know Linda, AKA love of my life/BeerNazi was doing well along wit a bunch of other unnecessary stuff!

As of now, it is just a matter of making sure she gets enough rest/SLEEP... NOT EASY@

Thanks you for all the love prayers and support!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                                I had a typically longwinded response to let you know Linda, AKA love of my life/BeerNazi was doing well along wit a bunch of other unnecessary stuff!

As of now, it is just a matter of making sure she gets enough rest/SLEEP... NOT EASY@

Thanks you for all the love prayers and support!
                                Glad your BN is improving. I know that I'd be utterly lost without my bride.

Continued prayers for you both.

Comment

Working...
                                X