Hey Wayne...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Wayne...

How is Linda doing? Did the flight to Seattle go well? Are you there now? We wish you both well through all this...

Neal and Birgitta

Re: Hey Wayne...

Originally posted by wingman View Post
    How is Linda doing? Did the flight to Seattle go well? Are you there now? We wish you both well through all this...

Neal and Birgitta
    I'll echo Neal's comments...when you find some down time.

All the best thoughts heading your direction, Wayne.
    Owen Ashurst
    Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
    http://airbossone.com/

Comment

She's doing better, however, her heart muscle was damaged. Flight to Seattle was enjoyable for her, don't think she'd ever been in an airplane where the pilots were accessible... tough way to experience it! Did not happen until about 2 am..

Testing going on to find out where the damage is and what to do about it..

At BN's insistences, I'm at home caring for our 17 year old and 1 year old kiitties. I'll keep you posted..

THANKS!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks for the update, Wayne. I suspect this'll all turn out OK. We've been through two of these events in the last couple of years -- part of getting older.

One thing that would be good for you would be to clean the house. This is a woman we're talking about here -- she'll feel a lot better if she comes home to a clean and reasonably neat house. Cleaning a house is work -- it'll keep you away from your computer and work off some of the adrenaline you've accumulated over the last few days. Take some long walks -- that'll help with the adrenaline load too.

The hardest part for the partner is the waiting and the feeling of helplessness. I decided early on in Birgitta's brief hospitalization far away that I needed to take care of me. When there's nothing more that you can do at the moment for the partner in crisis, go for a long walk (without phone) to get yourself ready for her return. Linda's going to need you...

Neal

Comment

Thanks for the update, Wayne. I suspect this'll all turn out OK. We've been through two of these events in the last couple of years -- part of getting older.

One thing that would be good for you would be to clean the house. This is a woman we're talking about here -- she'll feel a lot better if she comes home to a clean and reasonably neat house. Cleaning a house is work -- it'll keep you away from your computer and work off some of the adrenaline you've accumulated over the last few days. Take some long walks -- that'll help with the adrenaline load too.

The hardest part for the partner is the waiting and the feeling of helplessness. I decided early on in Birgitta's brief hospitalization far away that I needed to take care of me. When there's nothing more that you can do at the moment for the partner in crisis, go for a long walk (without phone) to get yourself ready for her return. Linda's going to need you...

Neal

Prayers for you both.....Neal is correct.
          John Slack

Comment

Once again...I will echo Neal's comment.

Take care of everything else. House, cats, bills, whatever. She'll likely need to be comforted knowing you're OK, the cats are OK, the house is OK...and she can concentrate on herself....with your help.

Don't forget about yourself. It's easy to do when you're so concerned about your loved one.

Be strong...carry on!
            Owen Ashurst
            Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
            http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Wayne,
              !Praying now!
              Just learning about this.
              Bless her - bless you.
              Respectfully. m

Comment

Just got off the phone with her, they put in a pic line (forgive me if I already posted this info) because the meds that her heart needs are hard on veins, so they put in a line from your arm directly to your heart. I had one during my cancer treatment. Man, pain meds get to you fast through one of those!

So, heart damaged, meds being administered. She will need to be in ICU until her heart muscle stabilizes. We are not married, and ICU, SO FAR, will not let me in to visit. That said, we have an acre property now and two very dear kitties, one some of you have met, little white thing.. she's 17 and very dear to us... Major rain/windstorm hitting all the way from Northern California to up here..

As hard as it is, I'm staying here holding down the fort until we know when I can go get her, or they transfer her to care center closer to our home in Warrenton.

Getting old sucks!

Thanks for the concern!

I'll do my best to keep you all posted. I know many of you have met Linda and know she is just the sweetest person in the world! Elementary school teacher her entire career.. can you imagine having her in 1st grade... bonus!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Neal
                  LOL.. actually, Linda has developed a serious hand condition, same one Elway has, only way worse. The tendons in the palms of her hands are like rigid exposed.... hard to describe. She can barely open a can of Coke.

I've been doing most of the housework for a while now.. my health goes down sometimes and I get behind but, I totally get what you are saying! Linda, particularly, needs organization to feel comfortable. It is why she never lasted living with anyone until me.. Not that I'm that organized LOL! I just tolerate her NEED to be so better than anyone else..

I am extremely lucky to have met her when I did, as you well know, I needed someone to ground me. She was it!

Again, thanks for the concern.. She's gonna try to call me one more time before she goes to sleep.. As long as our cell service does not get blown down!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Love you buddy and stay strong....... A good goat would do that ya know......

Comment

Greetings Wayne:

Chiming in from North Carolina. Prayers here as well. Sounds like she is doing better. Stay strong and ask as many questions as you can, write them down so you don't forget. Stay busy maybe with the wind you can go fly a kite or something. Keep us up to date.

Brian

Comment

Well.. I'm getting mixed information.. She was to get a test today that would determine if she had blockage, which they would repair with stints... or, they would do surgery to repair damaged heart..

My latest text from BN is that she's getting released tomorrow and I'm going to scoot up and get her 3hr drive, about...

She said to wait till we hear more from doctor.. again, based on what they said earlier.. no blockage was not a good thing as it meant surgery..

Communication not the best
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayner, I had the same kind of heart problem & ended up getting a triple bypass in Oct. 1999 & that has been 22 years ago. I have lived with congestive heart disease(CHD) all this time with no other heart problems. All is going to be OK.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Bob, Linda is 6 years older than me, so I worry about her probably more than I should!

From what I'm getting right now, she's on her last session of a med via drip that she needs to continue taking. Not quite sure she has to take the drip home with her.. that is usually a little pump pack hooked to the pic line.

Trying to keep it concise... the damaged chamber/s will heal themselves as time goes on with proper medication and personal habits.

Going to let her go "home" in a day or two.. She will stay with her Sister, who is just minutes north of the teaching hospital she's at now, and blocks from a full on hospital that could treat Linda in an emergency..

Stress levels that brought on her attack were very much enhanced by the fact that AAFOWSAGAR likes to drink beer, waaaay too much and it worries BeerNazi no end!

Looks like we got some work to do on ourself

BN has to work on her built in guilt (doctors talking here) that when Wayne is doing all the housework because she can't. Apparently, it just makes her sick if I'm doing dishes, emptying cat boxes, vacuuming, keeping up a 13 yr old 40' DP motorhome...

Lord knows, I probably deserve to drink as much as I please LOL! But it causes my beloved MUCH stress worrying about my health and safety working in my shop outside of earshot of the house..

Anyway, long and short of it, she's got a realestate gig going on in Vegas that puts us there before the 6th of Nov.. Her doctors, whom I thought would tell her no way, are telling her not only yes but HELL YESS get away from here for a while....

Guess we're going to spend a month or so in hot country...
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne--

I absolutely agree with the sentiment that Beer Nazi comes home to an absolutely spotless house. Years ago when we were back in Seattle the woman who would eventually become my wife (poor thing) was in the hospital for a few days for a medical issue and surgery. Everything turned out fine. I refused to leave the hospital. A nurse came up to me and told me that I looked exhausted and she told me I couldn't do anything while she was in a coma. Her advice was to go home and use my pent up energy and adrenaline to start cleaning and straightening up the house. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten. This was long before we had a housekeeper like we do now because I hate cleaning but I was non-stop for hours until I finally dropped. When she came home (very tired) she was ready to just go to bed. Before she dropped off to sleep she complimented me on how the house had never looked that good.

So that is just a personal note. You will both get through this and when it's over...you will both be stronger. My prayers for both you.

Marc Weir
                              aka BigFoot
                              Last edited by Bigfoot; 10-26-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X