Goldfinger Sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldfinger Sold

Gary Heck bought the P51 Goldfinger. He owns Korbel Winery. He now has a Corsair, p51 mustang and a T 6. Maybe we will see Will Whiteside race it.
    Last edited by Airrace7; 10-22-2021, 03:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Goldfinger Sold

I'm pretty shocked at how quick it sold!

Comment

Hopefully they'll keep it as a racer and not turn it into another TF warbird.
      Attached Files
      remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

I don?t think it will return to stock as Gary could of bought a stock P-51. He likes colorful flashy airplanes. Will Whitestead has been flying his other airplanes, so I would assume he may bring to Reno. The Corsair he owns was making metal so it is being repaired in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
          Hopefully they'll keep it as a racer and not turn it into another TF warbird.
          Rumor on the ramp was that they were shopping for something to go racing with, and not really in a stock form (They were looking for something to run 450+ apparently.) Goldfinger fits the bill since a large part of the mods are done, and with some cooling mods and an engine, it would be a contender to run with Miss A and Dreadnought. We all know Will can fly the line, he just needs the plane. Now he has the plane, and it needs some more mods to run that fast.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Airrace7 View Post
            I don?t think it will return to stock as Gary could of bought a stock P-51. He likes colorful flashy airplanes. Will Whitestead has been flying his other airplanes, so I would assume he may bring to Reno. The Corsair he owns was making metal so it is being repaired in Texas.
            11Y got a ton of really nice work done, the "Ezell treatment". That plane needed some love so it's great to see it finally getting it.
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

It was up flying yesterday at the (STS) Santa Rosa Airport. I seen it fly over the house and can only assume it was Will Whiteside at the controls. A very flashy airplane.

Comment

Working...
              X